Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad to be putting one of these cars back on the road! My wife mentioned the Charger while car-shopping and that's when we stuck to the Charger until I found the right one. This thing is loaded and awesome!

A few questions: What's the true "owner-tested" MPG (City/Hwy) on the 06 R/T? I've seen different numbers thrown around but wanted to get some real-owner input. I traded an 06 Nissan Titan Crew Cab for this and that tank got me 13 city mpg and 16 hwy if I was lucky & about $85 to fill it up.

Oil changes: I've heard 3k, 5k, 7.5k... What's the best interval with both mileage and time-wise (6 months, yearly)? Also, what's the best oil that the HEMI seems to like? Is manufacturer rec. the best?

I have about 48k miles right now. Anyone experience any problems mechanically/cosmetically? Any common problems I should be aware of?

Tires: I rolled off the dealership with Hankook Optima H418's & decent tread left. Any idea how these rate on this car? What's the best recommended tire?
I do about 90% city driving & the roads aren't that great here.

Good to be here and thanks to all with any responses or info to help out. I will have photos & more stuff added soon.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Welcome! I have a 2006 GoMango Daytona. Its got the HEMI of course. I regularly get between 19 and 21 MPG in daily commuting. (I drive the commute about every two weeks) I have had as high as 28 MPH on long trips though. I change my oil every 5,000 miles with Mobil 1 synthetic. Spark plugs every 30,000 miles, tranny service every 30,000 miles. Stuff like that. Check around this site and your owners manual. Lots of good guys here to help you out! Enjoy your stay here! :beerchug:

:driving:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot mopar for the quick response. I know I'll definitely be using full synthetic oil and 5k intervals does sound like a good choice, especially with mostly city driving and bad roads.

I've done a little more research since my post, and I've found in numeroue places a major complaint about having to replace the front tie rods. Is this a known issue or a common occurance, or just some bad luck vehicles?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Welcome from London, Ontario!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the forum, from Kitchener, Ont., Canada!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Welcome from Pennsylvania!!!! :)

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Thanks a lot mopar for the quick response. I know I'll definitely be using full synthetic oil and 5k intervals does sound like a good choice, especially with mostly city driving and bad roads.

I've done a little more research since my post, and I've found in numeroue places a major complaint about having to replace the front tie rods. Is this a known issue or a common occurance, or just some bad luck vehicles?

Thanks.

I've had to replace on of mine. Its about 50/50 as far as having to do that. :driving:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I've already found a wealth of info & help topics that have saved me a lot of time & money in repairs... which of course will be used to mod this beast!

Car currently in the shop for the last few repairs that the dealership just had to do, plus warranty covers a big chunk. Either way, will be missing it until probably next week. I'll have to throw it a big welcome home barbecue!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts