Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum. Ill try to make this brief and to the point. I kno this has been asked before lots but i cant seem to find the info that i need. I have a 2011 R/T mopar edition. I want to get the hellcrate... saving and buying a used or new is not what i want to do, im in it for the build, for certain reasons. My question is what accessories from the 5.7l can i still use with the hellcat (ac compressor, pcm, fan, wiring harness, etc) and from my research the hellcat transmission wont fit in the tunnel, so what would be some other options.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Take all your money and set it on fire...

Seriously...

You're about to buy an engine and lots of electronics that will cost more than a pristine 2011 Mopar Edition Charger is worth. Then you will spend a ton of time, money or both to get it all to work together and you'll end up with a creation that if all of it works and no hiccups etc. it will be worth about 65% of your all in cost.

If you can't afford to sell your Mopar '11 and buy a used Hellcat then you probably don't have enough disposable income/assets to take something like this one in the first place.

Or completely ignore reason and go for it... and take plenty of pictures so we can see how it goes!

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Massive project obviously so hopefully you have a huge garage or shop with plenty of specialized tools and equipment, someone to help and plenty of time and money.

Forget the new crate and buy a complete wrecked Hellcat insurance total and make the swap from there. You will need countless parts along the way and having that extra car will be a huge help. Obviously being wrecked you would still need to buy parts but just having that car there to look at and see the way things go will be invaluable.

The 890 trans will fit the tunnel but it's a little longer than the 870 so need a Hellcat driveshaft.

Use as many factory parts as possible. Computer, wiring harnesses, everything needs to be from the Hellcat. I'd convert the rear cradle to the new style and use the ZF rear and halfshafts from the Hellcat.

This is the only way to do it imho, I wouldn't even attempt it without having a spare car or two to get all the parts from.

Will be a lot of work but with help and the right approach, it can be done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Don't even try it.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Don't even try it.
Indeed. Unless the guy is independently wealthy and has a LOT of time on his hands, this a complete non-starter. Used hellcats aren't even that expensive anymore, everything works, and it will have some resale value at the end of the journey.

Best,

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I'll be different and say do it on one condition.

Get the hellelephant crate engine and plug and play kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts