Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any aftermarket hellcatstyle spoilers that you can put on an RT and use the existing drill holes without needing to drill extra? The OEMs one require a couple more holes in my drunk and i'd rather not do that.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Short answer is NO. There are aftermarket Hellcat spoilers that have 3 bolts, and some that use the factory location of 4 bolts if your car already has a Hellcat type spoiler. If you have the 3 piece flat spoiler then there will be holes in the fenders that have to be plugged or filled in & painted--that is why my wifes purple Charger still has the flat one. BTW, the ones with three bolts are a Bit^& to reach the bolts...

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
This is as close as your going to get. Personally, I think it’s goofy looking.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Do any of these spoilers provide down force other than the sprung weight? Data?
There is an interesting video of the original 69' Charger Daytona in a wind tunnel test and a Hellcat right after that... apparently the Hellcat spoiler made a lot of down force and made the car "slippery"...

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
wind tunnel test
I was wondering why that place looked familiar until I recognized it as the University of Ontario I had visited back in 2018.

Pretty nifty setup - the room the ambulance was located in has the ability to go down to -40 C in order to stress test vehicle components..I believe they even have a salt water setup to simulate rusting (if memory serves me well).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Usually have some extra holes with aligning pins in addition to the tape.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts