Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New to the forum. I was lurking around ebay and came across these Charger Hellcat replicas in gloss black 20x9.

Says they fit all 06-14 Chargers and they're $250/wheel shipped. Do these seem worth it? I dig the hellcat style a lot and they seem like a good deal. I'll post a link to them.

thanks

{Link Removed}

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Hey guys,
New to the forum. I was lurking around ebay and came across these Charger Hellcat replicas in gloss black 20x9.

Says they fit all 06-14 Chargers and they're $250/wheel shipped. Do these seem worth it? I dig the hellcat style a lot and they seem like a good deal. I'll post a link to them.

thanks

{link Removed}
Seems like an okay deal.... I would find out what material they are made of to find out what kind of quality they are before I made a purchase.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I'd steer clear. That seller has no feedback. That's a big purchase to take a flyer on. If he has another legit on line store than maybe. Otherwise I'd shop elsewhere.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I contacted the seller, he said they're aluminum and weigh 28 lbs each if that means anything to you.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I love the look, but would prefer matte black for sure...

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Since the Hellcat wheels are lightweight and forged, I'd be nervous about aftermarket replica wheels since they are generally cast aluminum.

Light weight and cast is a bad combination and highly prone to wheel fracturing. Just read the numerous threads from the owners of the '12+ Super bees that have OEM cast wheels and had them fracture during normal use.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Since the Hellcat wheels are lightweight and forged, I'd be nervous about aftermarket replica wheels since they are generally cast aluminum.

Light weight and cast is a bad combination and highly prone to wheel fracturing. Just read the numerous threads from the owners of the '12+ Super bees that have OEM cast wheels and had them fracture during normal use.
Good point. It's just too bad you can't get a really good quality replica wheel that is a good weight and built right. I suppose you get what you pay for and there's really no way around it.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Just read the numerous threads from the owners of the '12+ Super bees that have OEM cast wheels and had them fracture during normal use.
Really?
You mean to say these wheels fractured?

This is the first time I'm reading about this!!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
ebay sales links were removed per forum policy...

Did anybody notice the OP has ONE post?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
ebay sales links were removed per forum policy...

Did anybody notice the OP has ONE post?
Good call, probably the seller trying to put his product out there. Doubt it's going to work though. I don't think most of us, if any, are going to go for wheels that are brand new with no reviews from a seller with no feedback.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys, I've been a lurker for a bit and never felt the need to post so I never really made an account. Sorry about the link post, won't do it again. I too contacted the seller and got the same 28lb A356 aluminum response. He said I could pick up locally for a slight discount since we are located near each other. (His supplier's warehouse is located somewhat near me in City of Industry, +/-1.5 hours). Since I'm not taking a big shipping risk, I'm probably going to pick these up just before Christmas. Ability to inspect on site is a big bonus. I'll keep you guys posted as to what develops with this, I was just curious of your guys' feedback if any of you had experience with replica wheels. Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry guys, I've been a lurker for a bit and never felt the need to post so I never really made an account. Sorry about the link post, won't do it again. I too contacted the seller and got the same 28lb A356 aluminum response. He said I could pick up locally for a slight discount since we are located near each other. (His supplier's warehouse is located somewhat near me in City of Industry, +/-1.5 hours). Since I'm not taking a big shipping risk, I'm probably going to pick these up just before Christmas. Ability to inspect on site is a big bonus. I'll keep you guys posted as to what develops with this, I was just curious of your guys' feedback if any of you had experience with replica wheels. Thanks for the responses!
Just in case you were still wondering....

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260538&page=3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts