Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 RT Plus AWD
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my WB Hellcat last Monday! Pitch Black with Gunmetal stripes. Got the VIN# today. I'd say I can't wait to receive it, but I know it's going to be a lonnnng wait. Still, pretty excited to relegate my AWD RT Plus to "crap weather duty".
Sinister Cat order.jpg

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Purchase or leasing?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Very nice. Glad you're keeping the R/T AWD for backup duty. I wish I would have been able to keep my R/T AWD when I got my 392.

Reactions: Nuwanda

·
Registered
2013 RT Plus AWD
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Purchase or leasing?
Either is an option. My dealership says that decision doesn't have to be made yet. I've never leased a car before, but Dodge's lease terms on the website are tempting. Opinions on either option are welcome.

·
Registered
2013 RT Plus AWD
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice. Glad you're keeping the R/T AWD for backup duty. I wish I would have been able to keep my R/T AWD when I got my 392.
Cost of living/ taxes/ etc isn't too bad where I live, or I could never swing it. Wish I had the 'Cat now, I need solace after the Penguins goalie :poop: the bed for the 2nd straight game. sigh

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Cost of living/ taxes/ etc isn't too bad where I live, or I could never swing it. Wish I had the 'Cat now, I need solace after the Penguins goalie :poop: the bed for the 2nd straight game. sigh
At least Jarry had a better year than Carter Hart!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Either is an option. My dealership says that decision doesn't have to be made yet. I've never leased a car before, but Dodge's lease terms on the website are tempting. Opinions on either option are welcome.
Is this the Hellcat or the Hellcat Redeye? The Hellcat leases OK (this month, anyway). The rate is very low and the residual value is decent. I had debated between leasing a Hellcat or purchasing a Scatpack WB.. I ended up ordering a Scatpack WB.

If you've never leased before, I would recommend researching into it before signing any paperwork. It is much more involved than most know, which is why leasing often has a bad name. Leasing can be a very intelligent choice and it can be a very poor choice...it really just depends. It also heavily depends on how your dealer is willing to play ball..

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Mileage is also very important. The low lease paymemts are based on expectation you adhere to the mileage cap or suffer excess mileage fees.

·
Registered
2013 RT Plus AWD
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this the Hellcat or the Hellcat Redeye? The Hellcat leases OK (this month, anyway). The rate is very low and the residual value is decent. I had debated between leasing a Hellcat or purchasing a Scatpack WB.. I ended up ordering a Scatpack WB.

If you've never leased before, I would recommend researching into it before signing any paperwork. It is much more involved than most know, which is why leasing often has a bad name. Leasing can be a very intelligent choice and it can be a very poor choice...it really just depends. It also heavily depends on how your dealer is willing to play ball..
It's not a Redeye. I went with the calm, sedate, grocery-getter! Lol. I've never leased before, but am familiar with finance and how leasing works. The devil is in the details. I'll be doing more reading-up before deal day arrives. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2013 RT Plus AWD
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mileage is also very important. The low lease paymemts are based on expectation you adhere to the mileage cap or suffer excess mileage fees.
Thanks! That's one reason I'm considering the lease option, at 10K/ yr. I only put 12k/ yr on my RT Plus, year-round, so I'll finish well below 10k/ yr on the Cat.

Reactions: ONEZ ST

·
Registered
2013 RT Plus AWD
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From Dodge yesterday: "The order has been processed and the vehicle is waiting to be sequenced for production." I'm deciding if I should be excited there's been progress, or if I should read this as "We know you ordered your car 3 -1/2 weeks ago, but we still haven't started it yet." I know the industry is challenged now, so believe I will take the high road of positivity! 😂

Reactions: South VA

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
From Dodge yesterday: "The order has been processed and the vehicle is waiting to be sequenced for production." I'm deciding if I should be excited there's been progress, or if I should read this as "We know you ordered your car 3 -1/2 weeks ago, but we still haven't started it yet." I know the industry is challenged now, so believe I will take the high road of positivity! 😂
That sounds like it's not in D1 status yet, so your first interpretation is correct. The order is accepted, but it's not in the build queue. Will it get built? Almost definitely yes. Have the parts been allocated? No.

Usually where you're at is a short period... a day or two. Waiting to sequence is usually before D1.

The D1 is where orders sit for (usually) about three weeks. During D1, it's a completely accepted order and the factory has committed to its production... but zero work is done. There's no way for the public to view where in the queue a particular car sits while in D1. Meanwhile the queue marches on, and eventually your car is up next, and within a day it'll go from D1 to (usually) one of the J statuses, where it's done being built, and either in post-build inspection or post-inspection waiting to ship. That's rapid.

So... try to be patient. Where you're at isn't great, but we haven't heard anything yet this year about cancelling orders. You could be months from complete, especially if there's another factory shutdown due to parts shortage, or you could be a couple weeks from complete. Impossible to tell yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts