Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
I like how that looks.

But I'm confused about how they mention this:
"20x9.5-inch “cross brace” wheels, similar to those offered on the Challenger 1320. These wheels have knurled beads to help prevent the tires from slipping on the rim under hard acceleration, leading to better launches at the track."

They look just like the 20x9.5-inch OEM rims on my Daytona, I'm sure they are different, and I'm just obviously missing something. Of course, I also have no idea what knurled beads mean either LOL!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,465 Posts
$1,500 for stripes and little else.

"Octane Edition"

Gimme a fuggin break.

They're run out of ideas....

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still not a bad deal at $1500, the stripes and red seat belts alone are $1300 and think the red trim looks nice.

I like how that looks.

But I'm confused about how they mention this:
"20x9.5-inch “cross brace” wheels, similar to those offered on the Challenger 1320. These wheels have knurled beads to help prevent the tires from slipping on the rim under hard acceleration, leading to better launches at the track."

They look just like the 20x9.5-inch OEM rims on my Daytona, I'm sure they are different, and I'm just obviously missing something. Of course, I also have no idea what knurled beads mean either LOL!

The Demon also has knurled wheels. Not sure you can see anything from the outside but where the tire mounts to the inside bead of the rim, this is the area that is knurled to create a better grip for the tire and it will be less likely to slip on the wheel which can happen when running slicks or drag radials at low pressure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
Still not a bad deal at $1500, the stripes and red seat belts alone are $1300 and think the red trim looks nice.

The Demon also has knurled wheels. Not sure you can see anything from the outside but where the tire mounts to the inside bead of the rim, this is the area that is knurled to create a better grip for the tire and it will be less likely to slip on the wheel which can happen when running slicks or drag radials at low pressure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ok gotcha, I wondered if it was something like that.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
This is the first Hellcat Charger I really like. Dodge does come out with a new edition all the time with cheap add-ons but this one actually has the options I would get plus it comes with octane stripping in the interior and blacked out badges. Hard to say which one looks better, the white or black. The black would be a chore keeping clean.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
If enough people order this option I can see Dodge doing something very similar in 2021. They are not going to go to a new platform so they must keep cranking out the various options (Looks and performance) to keep the sales figures up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts