Charger Forums banner

Hellcat intake tube fit a stock 18 Daytona CAI

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  krautmaster 
#1 ·
I have an 18 Daytona 392. I want to change my grill to the hellcat with the intake tube. Does anyone know if the intake tube will work with the factory Daytona CAI box. It has a cut on the front and looks like it will.

Thank you for any help.

#2 ·
Are you talking about using the snorkel from the Hellcat to go into the lower airbox of your open top Mopar CAI (that I think was stock on Daytona 345/392)?

I'm not so sure it would fit, my 2019 R/T has a round opening on the front but I've read that it still doesn't mate up to the Hellcat snorkel.

Worst case you can buy the Hellcat upper/lower box and sell off your current parts.

#4 ·

The Hellcat snorkel is round on the side that fits into the air box (see the end with the tabs on the right).

Based on that alone it won't mate up without you fabricating something. Would probably be easier to just swap the entire hellcat upper/lower box at the same time and sell off your OEM "cold air intake"

#10 ·
View attachment 295086

The Hellcat snorkel is round on the side that fits into the air box (see the end with the tabs on the right).

Based on that alone it won't mate up without you fabricating something. Would probably be easier to just swap the entire hellcat upper/lower box at the same time and sell off your OEM "cold air intake"
I swear some of the newer OEM cold airbox have the hole already, like a Redeye lower airbox

#6 ·
I would dig into Youtube and see if anyone has done the swap. I think RacerX might have talked about it he has a Shaker Scat pack not a Daytona. The Bottom part of both air CAI systems might be the same as far as size and fitment.
This might be a cool project if this works

#13 ·
10-4 the problem the OP has/had is that he has the open top Mopar "cold air" intake found on the Daytonas and his lower box has a squared off opening in front that won't directly take the round snorkel without some fabrication or just replacing the upper and lower together and ditching the blue Mopar filter.

I see the large difference in the bottom of the box as far as the shape and surface area comparing V6 to 5.7 and Hellcat lower box... are the tops all the same? I guess I never looked closely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.