Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I loaded my car down with all my daughters stuff from Christmas to head home. Now when i say loaded down i mean the trunk was jam packed, my passanger seat buried with piles to the roof, my backseat packed in and then just enough room for my daughter and her car seat and me to drive.

About five minutes into the drive i hit a pot hole, not that big that was unavoidable. I noticed the ESP/BAS and squiggly lights soon after.

I havent tried to turning the steering wheel thing because i forgot about it until just now. But i typed all this so im going to post and then try that shortly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Hitting the pot hole might have damaged an ABS sensor; the load itself should not have been any trouble. You could try the keydance to see if there are any codes active; if there are, it would help identify which sensor is broken or disconnected.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
No ESP or ABS codes during the key dance. Those systems are not EPA required and therefore wont show to most scanners either.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i don't have any codes. To be honest I LIKE the car this way, until it snows and then i miss the ESP. But i can see why people permanently disable the thing i feel like im actually driving and not being pampered.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok got to be honest in the crazy snow we are getti g right now its been interesting.

When i fix it though is there a way to add a toggle switch to say ground out the system and put it into this fully disabled place?

In most conditions i really enjoy my car more with it completely off.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Lol yea search the No ESP mod or key trick

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a wheel alignment done yesterday finally and noticed when i got her back the esp lights were off and the system is working again.

Its too cold to take my console out and wire my kill switch. Can i just unplug one of the wheel sensors and disable it again?

I kind of hate my car right now. I got used to not having that handicap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts