Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I have a 2006 R/T charger 5.7L with foldable mirrors.

I had a cracked mirror glass on my driver side mirror. I detached the mirror glass with a backing plate from the motor, but when I did so, there were two wires soldered onto the mirror glass (not the glass itself, but a black thin circuitry).

I went ahead and yanked those two wires off the black circuitry. Then, I removed the mirror glass from the thin black circuitry. Finally, I removed the thin black sheet from the backing plate itself. A double tape adhesive was the only thing left on that backing plate.

Question 1: If those wires were connected to my mirror glass, does it mean they were heated?

Question 2: Where could I buy another thin black circuitry that I could install on my backing plate? Also, how would I attach those wires, because there were held with silicone.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

thanks for your reply! Yeah, it seems like it, although I just need a heating element, as I bought the mirror glass for $10 and wouldn't mind paying like $5 for heating element.

I also don't want to take my door panel off and replace the whole mirror unit, even though it's not that hard to do.

·
Registered
566 Posts
As the assemblies I've found are around $45 or so, I doubt you're going to find a heating element for $5. Call a Dodge dealer and see if they have a part number for just the heater, may not even be available by itself.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
My vins build sheet says i have heated mirrors, however the mirror itself doesnt have the little square with the wavies coming off of it, how do i turn them on or.do.they turn on automatically, or is it that i have heated mirror cuz the heat from the engine just flows up from the side of the charger to heat my mirrors up lol jk on the last one

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Mebbe i put it out of mind ill look into it i guess, tho itd be best guess since i bought it used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts