Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, all of the exhaust question threads in the V6 forum are tiring but it seems that one issue is rarely covered in them - the extra heat shield needed on the drivers side to protect the gas tank. I know some were lucky enough to get their local Parts department to order just the heat shield whereas some departments tell you they will only order the whole tank with the shield on it.

So for those of you who did it the right way and ordered the extra shield, where did you get it from?

Thanks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
You dont need no stinking heat shield let that b1t(H burn down to the ground now thats how I roll HA.. HA.. HA..:grin: but seriously I dont know.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
This is the response I got when I asked the same question a few months ago.

Yes, most will not install duals without it. It attaches with special plugs to the suitcase. Get it at the dealers. Just ask for the big suitcase shield for the 5.7. covers both sides of the gas tank. 168.00 cost. plus the special mounting studs!!!!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geez $168? That is more than the cost of the muffler and tips together. Thanks for the help though.

Any more solutions?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Geez $168? That is more than the cost of the muffler and tips together. Thanks for the help though.

Any more solutions?
You can get adhesive-backed heat shield material for about 1/7th that price. I've had it stuck on the tank on the driver side for roughly two months with no problems so far.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Or how about not putting a heat shield at all. I never put a shield and have been just fine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You could purchase the material used to crate a firewall, just cut and attach. Not sure if this is a cheaper alternative to the stock piece @ 168$.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts