Charger Forums banner

Heat before cold....fix is coming

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  HIGH_HEMI 
#1 ·
Just want to let my Charger friends know what my dealer told me yesterday. The reason the heat blows for a period...hot ain't it?...is a comp issue. The heater door is staying open and closing real slow....hence, the problem. A computer flash is on its way the the dealers that will keep the door shut. Pretty simple, just wanted to get the word out.

#4 ·
Got my charger Monday and I hate this problem. It's not just warm, or semi-hot air...it's VERY hot full blast air for about 5 seconds then slowly cools down. Not only an annoyance but it's embarrasing when I have passengers.

#5 ·
Yes it is VERY hot. I am calling my dealer tomorrow to see if they have received the comp flash yet. Will probably be next week..I know they get them pretty regular.

#6 ·
:cry:boo hoo, who actually bought the car for the times (5 seconds) going from hot air to cold air? I bought mine for speed and power!
-j/k :whistle:

#7 ·
HIGH_HEMI said:
Yes it is VERY hot. I am calling my dealer tomorrow to see if they have received the comp flash yet. Will probably be next week..I know they get them pretty regular.
Do you have the dual-zone system or the STD system? Do you have it set in AUTO mode or MANUAL mode?

#8 ·
gfmedia said:
:cry:boo hoo, who actually bought the car for the times (5 seconds) going from hot air to cold air? I bought mine for speed and power!
-j/k :whistle:
Boo Hoo????? I bought mine for the speed and power same as you. I posted this thread to inform those that had the concern on the original thread. And apparently it is not the same on all the cars.

I have the standard a/c, not the dual zone. Service informed me a TSB was coming as well as comp flash. If it is like this on your Charger then you have some more information, if not, then you might be able to assist someone that does.

#9 ·
thanks for info high_hemi...i have this also and it can drive me nuts some times...i realize i live next to hell (it gets so freaking hot here) but it gets to you. it bugs me when i am driving forever, the car is freezing - stop at the house to pick something up (not out of the car for more than a minute or so) and then start back up and bam...hot air.... in everycar before i have never had this issue. the charger is like your wife, some faults but everymorning i get up - look over (out the window for the charger) smile and think to myself - "i am one lucky son of b*tch!!!!"

#10 ·
I'll post when I have word from the dealer. Called today but their service department isn't open on Saturday. :sad: Will try again on Monday morning.

#12 ·
- I had posted on the "other" thread, about the A/C issue, that I took my
Charger in and had it fixed - by them installing a new control cluster in the dash - Well, it seemed like that worked - But, I have notice the issue (hot then cold air) again. So, I'm not sure what the "TSB" was that the dealer was following, for the fix they applied to my car.
- Maybe it is a different "Fix" because I do not have the Dual Zone controls in the "SE" model.

Brian T.

#13 ·
Mine is standard without the dual zone controls also. Service Manager had to look it up on his company comp. Hopefully this week there will be some results to post.

#16 ·
Just got off the phone with dodge service, and Gary said he ordered me a part...a controller...that fixes the a/c issue. Is supposed to be here tomorrow. In the meantime, I am headed down there to get the comp flashed regarding tranny shifts mentioned in another thread. I'll update these issues as I fix'em. :whistle:

#17 ·
OK, just got back from the dealership. Had the comp flashed with the latest updates. One of the flashes actually did help the 'hot air first' issue. (Hot air doesn't come out of 20 seconds anymore...runs more like any other car I've had now.) The rest had to do with shift points. Tranny seems to shift smoother...lag between lower gears seems to have vanished. Still have the a/c controller ordered and will know about that hopefully tomorrow.

#19 ·
miamiyogi said:
Thanks for the update. Can you help us with a TSB number? I can't get my dealer to admit there is a problem, they told me its normal.
Had a new controller put on last week. A/C runs normal now for sure. Will have to get back to this post with the TSB info. Will have to call service and find out for ya.

#20 ·
Just got off the phone with Dodge Service. TSB number for A/C Controller is:
2401205 and 2401405. I confirmed those to be the ones for the A/C Controller to be replaced. Besides the 'hot' blast at A/C startup, there had been complaints logged regarding A/C going to hot in the middle of a trip then A/C coming back. Controller cures all ailments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.