Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
sorry dont know the answer to your question but they made this claim on that page.

First we have the 268H XFI cam 216/220 .528/.531, this cam laid down 367 RWHP (a 96 RWHP GAIN over stock!!) in our Charger RT with our heads and suporting mods from the Stock base line

thats a big @$$ HP gain for 2000 bucks..

thinks its true?

and what are there supporting mods? NOS. . lol. .

srry not trying to jack your thread.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the PPP Heads with upgraded retainers, pushrods and springs along with their intake and Race Warrior cam. When you're making the horsepower these setups do the little bit of extra cash for the better internals will be worth the price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pay the extra $$$..Its worth it

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I have the comp 268 cam and it's only worth 20rwhp.The stock SRt springs are fine with a 268.I wouldn't spend the money on the retainers or keepers unless you are going huge on the cam.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
sorry dont know the answer to your question but they made this claim on that page.

First we have the 268H XFI cam 216/220 .528/.531, this cam laid down 367 RWHP (a 96 RWHP GAIN over stock!!) in our Charger RT with our heads and suporting mods from the Stock base line

thats a big @$$ HP gain for 2000 bucks..

thinks its true?

and what are there supporting mods? NOS. . lol. .

srry not trying to jack your thread.
It's alot more than $2k I bet.....wonder what all the supporting mods are he's talking about.Bet they run about $3k by themselves.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
I like the "that we know of" claimer on the bottom of the page when they're talking about the fastest n.a. Jeep in the world, lol.

Hemi31 is right. If you're just running a 268 equivalent, the stock valve springs are very suitable. But when you go to the larger 6.1L cams such as our Stage 2 upgrading the valve springs is highly recommended. We use a special spring and titanium retainer combination that is tested and proven after breaking both Comp and Manley valve springs (the same springs Dynamic uses), something that will cause you to almost immediately drop a valve and kiss your engine goodbye. Any additional upgrades related to the springs/retainers are very well worth it when you're considering how important these parts are to your engine.

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am looking at the heads/cam packages from

http://dynamicracing.com/customer/product.php?productid=563&cat=204&page=1

Can anybody give me some advice on the right combo for the srt. Would you pay the extra 275 for the titanium retainers, and why or why not. How bout the extra 70.00 for the valve springs, why or why not?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Short answer is the 275.00 Ti retainers buys you weight reduction. Which will go a long way towards stabilizing/reducing stress on the valvetrain at higher rpms...especially when running an aggressive cam. Reduction in valvetrain weight will also allow the motor to rev that much quicker. Not typically noticeable, but nice to have in the long run.

·
Vendor
771 Posts
One issue you can run into, though certain springs can be rated for "advertised" lifts, the ramp of the cams can be too much for the springs and having a more aggressive cam can create a situation that proves to be too aggressive for certain spring combinations. Just think, how many times is that spring compressing and expanding per second when you hit 6000 rpm?

Joshua, HHP

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts