Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, you read the title right..... We just received our Heads and Cam from GS Motorsports... Here's what we're going with.
Current specs on 5.7L
Heads:
Intake 2.00
Exhaust 1.50
Cam:
Intake .472
Exhaust .460
Duration 253

Specs on GS Motorsports Package
Heads:
Intake 2.08
Exhaust 1.60
Cam:
Intake .571
Exhaust .551
Duration 286

These heads should flow 15% more than stock, they have sodium filled exhaust valves and has a 10cc smaller combustion chamber which will raise overall compression. Heads complete with EVERYTHING including spark plugs and head gaskets. Plan was to start install this weekend but will be at the Dub show in Detroit instead. Install should start middle of next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, MDS will still work. Have heard MDS can be disabled by running a thicker oil.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hate the sound and on the highway, you would have to wait for it to come out of MDS and then build boost before you got good power

·
Registered
11 Posts
needasrt4 said:
Hate the sound and on the highway, you would have to wait for it to come out of MDS and then build boost before you got good power
Interesting . . . that's the first I've heard of this. Everyone else says it's transparent to the driver.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a supercharger, its added lag before you get to full boost. Plus we have long tube headers and full Magnaflow exhaust so the sound is magnified, I hate the drone it hits when it goes into MDS. With our setup it isn't extremely blatant but far from seemless.

·
Registered
549 Posts
needasrt4 said:
We have a supercharger, its added lag before you get to full boost. Plus we have long tube headers and full Magnaflow exhaust so the sound is magnified, I hate the drone it hits when it goes into MDS. With our setup it isn't extremely blatant but far from seemless.
Doesn't the Zoomers exhaust eliminate the droning sound.

Later

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We've heard that, but we love Magnaflow and will continue to support their product. We like a mildly agressive tone not overly agressive like alot of people are complaining the zoomer's is.

·
Registered
549 Posts
needasrt4 said:
We've heard that, but we love Magnaflow and will continue to support their product. We like a mildly agressive tone not overly agressive like alot of people are complaining the zoomer's is.
Damn then I guess I am sold on the Zoomers since I like stuff that is over the top :) Sooner or later I will be taking the plunge on the Supercharger kit so I will eventually be in the same boat.

Later

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
what is the cost for the heads, cam and install?

another question, how long is the install on the supercharger? I live in louisiana and would prefer to have gs install their product.

probably not looking to do this stuff for another year but any info helps, thanks.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He will be posting prices on Heads and Cam soon. We are doing the install ourself on the heads. We sent our car to GS for Supercharger install, it should take right about 3-4 days now that he has perfected his kit.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Guys, we are starting install tomorrow evening and will be posting pricing through GS Motorsports as well tomorrow evening

·
Registered
549 Posts
Killer....how hard would this install be for someone that knows their way around the engine bay of a car? I have helped build a turbo 2.4L block from the ground up and done quite a few mods to my current hotrod but never on a V8 before so it will be a different experiance.

Later

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just FYI on the MDS and zoomers. It is distinctive at 50 MPH or below. Quite Distinctive at 40 and below. Hard to tell at above 60.

Tricster

1 - 15 of 15 Posts