Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smoke: I all happen yesterday I was down in Dade county just chillin. It rained all day in South FL.
I look in the back seat an a puddle of water :mad: I look up at the headliner an I got 2 BIG A$$ water stains with water dripping out form them. Then I get in the driver seat an I look up another water stain near the Sunroof I was pissed I called the Dealership an let them have it. :grin:Good thing the HEMI is still under warrenty I told them I wanted everything replaced.Headliner,Sunroof,Backseat,Driverseat an the Back carpet. They told me I would have to leave my HEMI for a week I told I got all the time in the world I want it done RIGHT. Has anybody had this happen to them?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Nope never happened to met yet. Knock on wood. Sorry you had to go through this. At least we got a warranty that will take care of it, but I know that still doesnt make it any better. Hope all goes well and they get it fixed up for ya!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I hope so :smoke:
A week with out my HEMI this is going to be HELL.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Mine leaked last month, I caught it upfront though when it just started, So took care of it myself
what it turn out to be? and every couple of months i open my sunroof and pore amonia down the front channel [drain] so it can kill any mold or fungus thats growing in the drain tubes and can block it up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just washed mine this week and realized the gasket around the sunroof has a deviation in it. Took it to the dealer and they should have a new piece of glass with gasket by tuesday. Luckily I caught it before it leaked. Good luck with your issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might want to be careful when you close the sunroof while turning off the key. The sunroof and windows may stop. As long as your front doors are still closed you can resume closing them.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shouldn't have got a HEMI with a sunroof it rains to much down in here FL.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Stand your ground with them replacing all the things you mentioned......I am sure you don't want to smell mold down the line....especially with the HUMID climate:smoke: over there! Lived in San Antonio for 6 years....and not a fan of humidity & mold!

- Mark

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:yes: Hell yea I made sure told them that. If that car doesn't smell brand new their is gonig to be a BIG problem.:smoke:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Now I can understand about being upset, but why vent on the dealer? Not their fault the factory install was messed up.
X2.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I took mine in for the infamous sunroof rattle. Which was fixed, but they must have left the left drain tube disconnected. Ever since then, it leaked in heavy rain - and not while washing the car, so the duration of the water exposure must have been a key. It would appear in the bulge in the headliner right in front of the visor mount, and would run down inside the A pillar cover, behind the cover between the door and dashboard, come out there and over the kick panel to the floor. Luckily I had my winter mats in, so it didn't soak through and on to my feet. Each time, I had to remove the covers and mat, and leave my fan on the floor position for a while (after soaking up what I could with a towel).

I finally got in to the dealer and they found what I suspected, a disconnected drain tube.

[email protected], that's an interesting ideal, pouring ammonia down there. Does it leave any lingering smell? Do you use it straight, or dilute it?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now I can understand about being upset, but why vent on the dealer? Not their fault the factory install was messed up.

I know it wasn't there fault they just fix the problem, but I have had to bring this HEMI to the service department so many times they know me already. It's crazy how many problems this car is having for a 06.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having so many issues. Have an 06' R/T myself (born on Oct. 2005). Only a couple of things for me, one was the fuel gauge went erratic, replaced cluster and the other was the stupid tranny oring leak. Actually glad it leaked, now it''s fixed and I do not have to worry about it on a long road trip.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry to hear you are having so many issues. Have an 06' R/T myself (born on Oct. 2005). Only a couple of things for me, one was the fuel gauge went erratic, replaced cluster and the other was the stupid tranny oring leak. Actually glad it leaked, now it''s fixed and I do not have to worry about it on a long road trip.
"tranny oring leak"
I've had that problem also broken lifter.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am PISSED OFF with DODGE SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!

So I went to go pick up my HEMI an it's more "F" up then when I droped it off:mad: So I pulled it right back it the service department an went to give the guy that said he would take care of my HEMI an gave him a peice of my mind :smoke:. Here's the problem with the HEMI now.
The SUNROOF was replaced, but not properly flushed with the car roof then when I went to move the sunroof up it got jammed.
The HEADLINER was not replaced which I said I wanted. Thier were BIG A$$ water stains that were visible.
The DRIVER SEAT,BACK SEAT an BACK CARPET were replaced THANK GOD something was done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts