Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 White Dodge Charger RT(Straight Pipe System,Res Delete) (Dyno/Tune,) (KN CAI) 20' HCat Replica)
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ChargerForums! I don't know how many of you have been keeping up with my struggle to get my first, but it's finally been accomplished and she's a beaut! 2014 Dodge Charger RT with a straight pipe system and a res delete. Some other goodies are a KN cold air intake, dyno, and a tune. Of course, getting one has caused me to come up with some more questions. In the attached picture, you can see the left headlight is foggy with condensation. I plan on switching them out anyway, but is there any convenient way to rid the condensation for the time being? Also what are the specs for the stock headlights. I'm trying to figure out all the differences with HID and LED and all that. Thanks in advance! I'm also curious for pictures and opinions about Spyder vs SpecD, if those require LED vs. HID, and any other good brands.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Once condensation builds up you can attempt to dry it out but it will return. Usually a cracked housing is at fault. Or the rubberr gasket has a bad tear which I doubt. Most headlights have a vent tube to keep.them dry. I've seen people remove the hedlight and place it in a warm oven to try and dry it. I've seen people try to separate the thermally glued seam to dry it. Its not worth the effort in my opinion.

Buy a new headlight assembly.

Reactions: CtCarl

·
Registered
457 Posts
Drill a small hole in the bottom of the headlight when the headlight heats up the moisture will vent out the hole

1 - 3 of 3 Posts