Charger Forums banner

Can you fit 08 HID's on the 07- headlights?

• Yes!

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Uhhh...don't know. They aren't HERE yet...dufus!!

Votes: 11 55.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this question has been hinted around about 34 GABILLION times. So, I'm just going to outright ask it (even though I suspect the answer is yes). Can the 08 HID's be fitted to the 07 headlights. I'm fully aware that with enough money, ANYTHING can be done, but could the average Joe order some 08 HID's and slap them on his 07 SXT with little hasstle?

My money's with yes. I know..I'll create a poll.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
In one of the SRT Engineer sessions the SRT engineers said it wasn't possible to fit the 08 Xenon lights in pre 07 car

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
No.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=749759&postcount=41

Team SRT
SRT Engineering Team

Originally Posted by AB Charger
Ihave heard there are plans to add HID's to the SRT8 for 2008. Will they be able to be retrofitted into the '06 &'07 models?

HID's are standard on the 300C SRT8 for 2008, and available on both the Charger SRT8 and the Magnum SRT8. It's a different system than the 06/07's, so a retrofit wouldn't be possible

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Nope, unless you hve deep pockets

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooooooooh, so they're only on the SRT's? Well, that's a big Pooh bucket. I mean, obviously, the wiring is different because the wattage and output is different and has a different capacity. I'm gonna look more into this. My thought is that the shape is the same and that, while the actual light wiring will differ, the relay back to the dash is the same. If THAT'S the case, Ima beat up the first person I see with an O8 SRT-8 and say "RUN YO HEADLIGHTS FOO!! I'M FROM FIDDY FERZ AND CRENSHAW!!! WESS SIII-EEEEEDE!!!" LOLZ

I won't actually do that, but I'd sure like to look at'em side by side and see how deep your pockets would have to be.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
No they're not only for the SRT's this just happened to be an SRT chat forum so that's the models they were talking about.

·
Registered
928 Posts
no they are optional for the other models is all (on dodges site you can build an R/t and add it as an option), they are only standard on the 300 SRT

than being said, yeah its a no go.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I don't really believe that. With an invertor and some capacitors, there's no reason it can't be done.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I thought the headlight shap was slightly different for the 08's and that it wouldn't fit properly

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think the problem is that the OEM bulbs won't wire into the computer correctly... I don't see why you couldn't take the housings though (which I'm assuming are projectors, or otherwise different than the standard housings) and put in an aftermarket HID bulb and ballast.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Yea, unless they changed the shape and fitment of the headlights (which based on the rear picture of the 08 charger they havent change nothing), then You should be able to purchase the projector headlights themselves and put in any aftermarket HID kit of your choice......this is what i plan on doing, hence why Ive held off on those ebay projectors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.