Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Hey Fruit Lips!!!!

why didnt you just ask me???? and what happened to the diagram i sent you? OK the head lights and the parking lights AT the switch are both on the same wire [white with a brown stripe] and it is looking for a ground-BUT here is were it get's stupid. if you ground the wire it wont do any thing-BUT IF YOU GROUND IT WITH A 1670k RESISTOR IN LINE it will trigger the headlights and using a 1200k will trigger the parking lights. whats the plans NOW???? make sure that what ever your up to you must use a relay to trigger that wire or it can feed back to it's source and make the head lights and park light stay on all the time -the length of the wire it self can become a resistor it and keep the lights on-SO what you do is use a 30 amp relay and ground pin 87 then pin 86 goes to power then pin 85 is use as a ground trigger to work the relay threw a switch are what ever you have up your sleave-and then pin 30 goes out to the light wire with the resistor no more then a couple of inches from the switch. and try not to blow up the neighbor hood

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buddy.. :) I have the wiring diagram around here some place, but most of my stuff is still in boxes and I can't find crap..

I'm adding this little bugga: http://www.strobe.com/support_documents/Headlight_Flashers/INSTALL-FLASH-W.pdf

I've got a box full of all sorts of police car stuff.. Strobe bulbs, sirens, a scanner..

I thought I'd add the flashers to the brights up front. The directions are pretty simple, I just need to figure out which wire connects the drivers side high beam to the passenger side beam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some advice from a firefighter.....

First check the nova website to see if its compatible with your car. Sometimes there is a function of the computer that monitors the headlights and if it sees power (or ground) pulsing on the line the computer thinks that there is a problem with the bulb and cuts off power to that light. I had all sorts of problems getting a generic flasher to work on a dodge P/U, and i ended up having to get a specially deigned flasher.

Personally i have never tried it on a charger because I'm too chicken to go cutting stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts