Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we all know that when you turn on your high beams, the headlights still stay on but the fog lights turn off. Uh If I NEED to activate the highbeams, common sense would say "I NEED more light on the road"....WHY WOULD YOU TURN OFF MY FOG LIGHTS?!?!?!?) lol.

In Virginia, law states only two pairs of filaments may be activated at one time. Thats why all the big trucks with KC Highlites have to have the smiley face covers :)
But i dont care. If a car is on-coming, I turn off my highs anyway.

Can it be done? My dealer said NO.

I am electrical literate: diodes & relays are my friend, if needed

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
The dealer is wrong, it CAN be.

And just pull the stalk towards you instead of locking it on and all stay on.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
The dealer is wrong, it CAN be.

And just pull the stalk towards you instead of locking it on and all stay on.
^^yep, and instead of having to hold it, you can keep a rubber band tied on the steering wheel and wrap it around the stalk when you want it to stay on then just push it forward if like another cars comming or something or take it off when you're done

it's makeshift and ghetto at best but a helluva lot easier than going into wires

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I think if you wanted it bad enough, you could buy the same connectors for the fogs and wire in your own power source on a toggle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHAHA!!!
I know I can pull back instead of locking it, but that only works when I'm going straight. :slap:

I'm going to run with your idea, BlackPearl. I'm gonna try with some relays (I think), but I still want the control of the factory fog light button in the car.

I'll tinker with this and let ya'll know. Maybe after work this week, but deff this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts