Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new look for my headlights. I know there are a bunch of DIY options.. but im lazy and car-dumb :(. Any product recommendations that are either a)ridiculously easy for people like me, or b)that look great and wouldnt be TOO expensive to have installed? Pics would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Halo projection headlamps painfull but worth it!

I'm looking for a new look for my headlights. I know there are a bunch of DIY options.. but im lazy and car-dumb :(. Any product recommendations that are either a)ridiculously easy for people like me, or b)that look great and wouldnt be TOO expensive to have installed? Pics would be appreciated as well.

Hey Gary, I believe I have what your looking for. I recently installed Halo projection hadlamps in my 06 Charger R/T. I bought them off e-bay for approx $208.00 U.S. Plus shipping/duty etc. These are cheaper than O.E.M. lamps and look sweet. Believe you me though, If you have no experience with this type of mod you might want to consult an installer as there is some wiring involved. Good news is! I Took pics along the way to assist my fellow forum comrades with install, for those whom are daring enough to attempt on thier own! I will post pics at later date. Anyone interested in having instructs and pics e-mailed directly can reply to my personal e-mail: [email protected] and I will be happy to forward this to you directly! I am in the process of documenting the event! Trust me you'll need all the help you can get as I did run in to some issues with this project and have documented it to help you fellow Charger fans avoid the same problems!

Heres the link to the e-bay page if you want to see what they look like!

Regards,

Ed
(A.K.A Dodgeboy01)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260146667844

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Gary, I believe I have what your looking for. I recently installed Halo projection hadlamps in my 06 Charger R/T. I bought them off e-bay for approx $208.00 U.S. Plus shipping/duty etc. These are cheaper than O.E.M. lamps and look sweet. Believe you me though, If you have no experience with this type of mod you might want to consult an installer as there is some wiring involved. Good news is! I Took pics along the way to assist my fellow forum comrades with install, for those whom are daring enough to attempt on thier own! I will post pics at later date. Anyone interested in having instructs and pics e-mailed directly can reply to my personal e-mail: [email protected] and I will be happy to forward this to you directly! I am in the process of documenting the event! Trust me you'll need all the help you can get as I did run in to some issues with this project and have documented it to help you fellow Charger fans avoid the same problems!

Heres the link to the e-bay page if you want to see what they look like!

Regards,

Ed
(A.K.A Dodgeboy01)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260146667844
I'm on the fence with those.. cant decide if I like them or not. I'd love to see the pics. Anyone know how much it should cost to have a bodyshop do the install?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have blue bulbs and they look awesome.. I get compliments on them all the time.. and when i'm driving they look awesome when you see me comming.. the blue gives off a much cleaner look then the oem yellowish (dirty) look. with the little orange bulb next to it.. it just amplifies the blue..

In addition to the high and low beams i have the blue fog lights. let just say you can see me comming..

if you would like pics let me know... I don't currently have any at night but I'll take them..

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have blue bulbs and they look awesome.. I get compliments on them all the time.. and when i'm driving they look awesome when you see me comming.. the blue gives off a much cleaner look then the oem yellowish (dirty) look. with the little orange bulb next to it.. it just amplifies the blue..

In addition to the high and low beams i have the blue fog lights. let just say you can see me comming..

if you would like pics let me know... I don't currently have any at night but I'll take them..
I'd love to see some pics. I dont have the fogs yet, but I'm getting them eventually. So you have the OEM housing that your car came with, but you just changed the bulbs, correct? And how easy/difficult is it for someone with no prior car knowledge :(

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yes, I have the oem stock housing... I just changed the bulbs.. If you have any audio/after market shops in your area they probably have the ones you need in stock.. I will look and the ones i got and can give you the numbers if you like... the passenger side is real easy.. you twist and pull it out and replace.. the drivers side is a little more tricky.. you have to remove the air intake and move a few things to get to the bulbs.. not a big deal but more tricky.. in short your just moving a few things to gain access.. If you would rather perfer someone else do it then by all means.. maybe you can get the shop to quickly put them in for you for 20-30 bucks....

I 'll get the pics for you soon.. if i can tonight i will. otherwise i have an event i have to run which starts tomorrow.. I won't have a minute of time till monday.... plus i'll be out of town...

·
Registered
9 Posts
You might be able to attempt this yourself with some help!

I'm on the fence with those.. cant decide if I like them or not. I'd love to see the pics. Anyone know how much it should cost to have a bodyshop do the install?
A body shop or dealer may (probably will!) charge you an exorbant amount of $$$$$ to install any type of after market lamp! especialy if it involves wiring, which is why I did it myself. All you need is a "HELL OF A LOT" of patience!!!..basic electrical knowledge, tools and band aids!!!!!:lol:

Wait till you see my post of instructs and pics before you decide. regardless what lamps you settle on you will need to R&R the front facia. When I first looked at this project I when "Holly S&%T!" Where the hell do you start! But I am not the kind of person to avoid a challange and decided to attempt on my own with (No assistance) Personal Pride thing you know!!! Argh, Argh, Argh!....

Needless to say, the removal of the facia was easier than I thought (with no thanks to my local Dodge Dealer), Bastards wouldn't even help with instructions! And to think I put in 5 years with those guys!

Where I ran into trouble was with the electrical end not the bumper (facia) removal which turned out to be easier than I expected. The electrical problems I had which I will mention in my posting were completely unexpected but I will discuss in more detail in my posting so they can be avoided for anyone else wanting to attempt this project!

dodgeboy01

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I have blue/ white bulbs in the headlights / fogs / and parking lights....."luminics pure blue", I love them, makes the car look a 2012 charger at night from the front

1 - 9 of 9 Posts