Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Datona. It didn't come with Automatic headlights but I performed the free mod and have been loving them ever since. I saw a thread a while back discussing a TSB related to the Auto headlights allowing you to adjust the sensitivity. I located the TSB # and took it to the dealer (what a mess that was, read on). The first time in they said they found the TSB and performed the flash. However, either it did not take or they just did not do it because my evic version is the same and I still had no ability to adjust the sensitivity. So the next time I was in for some work I asked about it again and they said they would look at it. When I got the car back (my wife picked it up) they had "identified the problem as a faulty headlight switch" and replaced it. Now the switch they replaced it with is a new version without auto headlights and does not have the ability to be modded. I have asked them to change it back but still they seem confused about the evic update. The actual TSB is listed over at the 300 forum TSB list as

09/29/05 … 2006 .. #08-038-05 …. Flash: Automatic Headlamps Sensitivity Improvement .. (3MR)

But on the TSB list this is one of the few that the link is dead for. Does anybody have the actual TSB document so I can print it out and take it to the dealer with me??

Thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
Do you have the steering wheel controls? If so hold down the music note and the N button at the same time for about 3 to four seconds, this should bring up a whole bunch on options for you.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the steering wheel controls? If so hold down the music note and the N button at the same time for about 3 to four seconds, this should bring up a whole bunch on options for you.
I do and when I go into the advanced EVIC I do not have the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the headlamp sensor. It was my understanding that the TSB updated the EVIC to a newer version that allowed control of this feature.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems. I did the same free mod of removing the headlight knob and cutting out the stop tab to allow auto headlights. I am able to adjust the sensitivity using the EVIC and never thought of bringing it into the dealer for the tsb.
I agree you either need your original switch back or put on the current version with the push for fogs with Auto.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yeah, you must have the earlier version of the EVIC software. My RT was made in Oct 2005 and I have the adjustment, is your manufacture date before that??

hehe.. his redirect address is borked. Here you go....

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0803805.pdf
This TSB reprograms the HVAC module to address a light sensor issue. That doesn't help if your EVIC doesn't have the option available to adjust the sensitivity. What EVIC version do you have? I originally had CCN v4.05 which didn't have the option. I had it updated to CCN v4.08 which has the option. I had to take the new software part # to the dealer so they knew what I was talking about.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This TSB reprograms the HVAC module to address a light sensor issue. That doesn't help if your EVIC doesn't have the option available to adjust the sensitivity. What EVIC version do you have? I originally had CCN v4.05 which didn't have the option. I had it updated to CCN v4.08 which has the option. I had to take the new software part # to the dealer so they knew what I was talking about.

I have the v4.o5....

So v4.08 is what I want?????? What is the part #???

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I have the v4.o5....

So v4.08 is what I want?????? What is the part #???
Assuming you currently have P/N 04843155AE (which is v4.05), you will need P/N 68000247AA to get the v4.08. You'll also need to get your original headlight switch back that you modded or buy one with the AUTO position.
I told the service writer that my lights came on too early and I needed the ability to adjust them myself. I also BS'd a little and said my EVIC display intermittently showed distorted characters as shown in TSB 08-022-05. Here is the link. http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0802205.pdf

Good luck. Once you get the new version, there are a few other things that the software does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts