Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the HID projector headlights. I recently noticed after washing it the other day that my headlights had alittle condensation in them, it was water drops just alittle fogging. Called a couple dealers and most said the headlight assembly’s are vented or have air vents to release condensation. I’m trying to validate that because i called 4 dealers and two of them said they are vented, one didnt really have an awnser and the last one said they are NOT vented. Anyone shed some light on this? Thanks Also as a side note, I noticed on the back of these headlight assembly’s that there are two rectangle grey pieces of material that cover up what looks like rectangle holes. Is this the vent system? Anyone help?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
The headlamps are vented but there is a Service Bulletin regarding condensation and fogging. I know there is for 2012 Dodge Chargers. You can go the website below for free access to the Chilton's Library. After selecting your make, model & year, the menu list will include "Bulletins/Recalls". Click it and a Technical Service Bulletins menu will be displayed. Click "Search" and all the TSBs for your car will be listed. Scroll down through the pages until you get to the TSB titled "Headlamp Condensation and Fogging". Click the PDF file icon and it will display the PDF options ... Open or Save file.

If the TSB is listed for your car (mine was Number 23-017-18 with a date of April 27, 2018), it will describe the dealer actions for diagnosis and repair. Repair, if needed, is installation of updated vent caps.

https://www.roswell-nm.gov/1112/Chil...Repair-Library

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wouldn't the condensation evaporate when the lights are on and it heats up in the housing? Or do these type of lights not generate that much heat? :confused:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Wouldn't the condensation evaporate when the lights are on and it heats up in the housing?
Part of the diagnosis is to turn on the headlamps (high beams) and let the vehicle run for 20 minutes. If the condensation/fogging has begun to clear from the lamp lenses after 20 minutes of lamp operation, the headlamp assembly seal is not defective ... but it's recommended to install the updated brown vent caps.
Part # 68353620AA, Kit, Vent Caps (Brown) - One Kit Per Headlamp Assembly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone confirm that the 2011-14 hid headlamps have vents? I can’t seem to locate these vents on the back

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
A 30 second search on eBay...

Appears we do not have the vent knubs like the 15 and up but looks to have that breathable mesh tape. Which helps with venting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts