Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just started noticing those headlight spiderweb cracks on both of my headlights. I've read a few similar posts on here with this happening to others, so I'll be checking with my dealership for a replacement (still under warranty). I don't have Halos installed.

But I'm curious if anyone who has installed Halo's on their headlights have experienced any headlight crazing/cracking?
I'm going to be installing Halos down the line and I'm slightly worried about the crazing/cracking occuring again. Which would mean having to go buy/replace the headlight, and then re-installing the halos.
Top that off, I doubt the dealership will honor a warranty on a headlight with a custom halo installed on it...which means if they headlights crack again under warranty, and I have halos installed...I'll be forking out the $200/ea for the headlights again.

Just curious if that's happened to anyone who has halos?
And of those who have replaced their headlights once due to crazing, has it ever occured again?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give me a few minutes, I'll go take some shots.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics Updated

OP updated with pics

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Buuumppp :eek:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing?!?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Unless you seriously overbake your headlights during the halo install, installing halos will neither contribute to nor prevent this issue. They're unrelated.

If the issue is whether or not the small cracks will form again at all (that's what I'm taking it as), it's going to depend on what caused the crazing in the first place - faulty materials, body flex, what have you.

Keep in mind that if you do have to get new headlights (because you're right, the dealer isn't going to warranty a headlight you took apart and stuck a ring in) you don't necessarily have to reinstall the new halos. You can always replace the crazed lens with the new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts