Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if anyone has had any of the same problems I am having. Charger SE 3.5. I've had the car for about a month and a half and it has 2000 miles on it. A week ago after a heavy rain it became humid and I noticed my driver side headlamp fogged up on the inside almost completely. Then a few days later the passenger side lamp did the same thing. Also I have a bad squeak in the lumbar supports on both the driver and passenger side seats. Took the car to the dealer today and they replaced both lamps with new ones and attempted to fix the squeak in the seats but the passenger side is still making the noise. They said some padding had fallen out of place and that they had to lube it up real good. Anyway I drive the car through some rain and when I get home one of the new lamps has a little moisture in it already.
So now I am back where I started still a bad headlamp and one seat still squeaking everytime you move or make a turn. Just wondering if anyone else has had these problems. Just seems very unusual that I would get three headlamps in a row that were faulty if it were not a problem more people were having. :sad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Have The Exact Same Problem With My Driver's Side Headlamp (not The Passenger Side). The Service Dept. Said They Are Ordering A New Headlamp, Which Of Course Is On Backorder.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had the driver's side headlight problem as well. They ordered one for me and replaced it the following weekend. Sounds like they have some quality control issues to deal with at the head light factory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had the same exact thing happen to me with the same exact car except I had a V8

UOTE=JInTime]Wondering if anyone has had any of the same problems I am having. Charger SE 3.5. I've had the car for about a month and a half and it has 2000 miles on it. A week ago after a heavy rain it became humid and I noticed my driver side headlamp fogged up on the inside almost completely. Then a few days later the passenger side lamp did the same thing. Also I have a bad squeak in the lumbar supports on both the driver and passenger side seats. Took the car to the dealer today and they replaced both lamps with new ones and attempted to fix the squeak in the seats but the passenger side is still making the noise. They said some padding had fallen out of place and that they had to lube it up real good. Anyway I drive the car through some rain and when I get home one of the new lamps has a little moisture in it already.
So now I am back where I started still a bad headlamp and one seat still squeaking everytime you move or make a turn. Just wondering if anyone else has had these problems. Just seems very unusual that I would get three headlamps in a row that were faulty if it were not a problem more people were having. :sad:[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
85 Posts
my seat squeaks just like yours i hope the lube dont come through the seat cover when they fix it

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too have the headlight problem

·
Registered
43 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
I wonder if they would let you keep the defective ones?
Nope they must return the old one . Something about the warranty.

The passenger side on mine was fogged they replaced it without a problem.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Had a heavy rain today here in eastern PA.... BOTH lamp lens' are f~&king fogged!!!!!

Dealer will get a call on Monday. Seems its not a problem to get them to replace'em. Going outside now to take evidence pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
nCHARGE said:
Had a heavy rain today here in eastern PA.... BOTH lamp lens' are f~&king fogged!!!!!

Dealer will get a call on Monday. Seems its not a problem to get them to replace'em. Going outside now to take evidence pics.

To be more accurate, it's been raining like a b!tch here in Eastern PA

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have had the squeaking in the lumbar support too. What I do is just turn the knob all they way back... seems that it wont squeak this way.

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
06sxt06 said:
I have had the squeaking in the lumbar support too. What I do is just turn the knob all they way back... seems that it wont squeak this way.

Lumbar support works fine, until you use it.

I'd be back at the dealer as fast as you can imagine. Well, I'd wait until they were open. I'm not sitting out there all night. It's getting cold!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
nCHARGE said:

nCHARGE...I have seen this on my headlights...soon after you turn your lights on this small amount of fog in the lens will go away...I do not think this is a problem..now if you are getting water in them that settles down on the bottom now that is a problem...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive had the fogging problem myself. Hasnt rained since I bought the car, but have had it washed and it fogs up each time. Sometimes fogs on humid nights, but doesnt seem to bother the lights at all.

I dont think Ill take it in unless I need something else done also.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
ANTMAG06 said:
nCHARGE...I have seen this on my headlights...soon after you turn your lights on this small amount of fog in the lens will go away...I do not think this is a problem..now if you are getting water in them that settles down on the bottom now that is a problem...

Here's the thing though... if you leave it, dont you think over time its gonna "tinge" the chrome and the whole inside of the housing?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts