Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone... Ready for my next mod and I wanted some input on which headers I should go with and why. All input will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Depends what you are looking for. There are a million threads on the topic, but, Kooks, SLP, and Mopar are usually loved by those who use them.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
i'd say dynatech or mopar. also just fyi mopar and aem are the same thing and dynatech and supermaxx are the same. i think those 2 are the best headers out there. if you think you might have ground clearance issues then go with the mopar because they dont hang down as far (they're not really long tubes, they're mid length compared to the others). kooks have the worst clearance issues from what i've heard.

i wouldn't get short tubes. u wont get very much of a gain from them

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks for the input. Which will give more the most horse power?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
im not a charger owner but for a 5.7 hemi long tubes headers is the way to go if u want power.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Are you asking which brand will give you more hp or type? Cause my personal opinion is that any longtubes will give you more power than shorties plus they sound a lot better.

·
Registered
928 Posts
there should be minimal differences between the HP gains of the mopar/aem or dynatech/supermax or slp/kooks headers.

one thing im curious of (and I have yet to see stated), exactly how much shorter are the mopars than the slps/kooks? everyone says oh they are really a "mid length" header but as I see it, they are a heck of a lot longer than short tubes, so they are long tube.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys thanks for all the input. I'm leaning toward long tubes now I just need to kno which. I have Mangaflow cats and exhaust so I just want ot knw which will pair the best with this set up

·
Registered
928 Posts
well all LT's come with highflow cats...... you replaced the cats and not the headers already?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
well all LT's come with highflow cats...... you replaced the cats and not the headers already?
x2 if you already spent money on highflow cats, and are not worried about money go with Kooks. If you arent going to the track ALOT you could get good shorties and bolt em right on

·
Registered
934 Posts
i'd say dynatech or mopar. also just fyi mopar and aem are the same thing and dynatech and supermaxx are the same. i think those 2 are the best headers out there. if you think you might have ground clearance issues then go with the mopar because they dont hang down as far (they're not really long tubes, they're mid length compared to the others). kooks have the worst clearance issues from what i've heard.

i wouldn't get short tubes. u wont get very much of a gain from them
Wrong. I have JBA shorties and I gained a lot of power. I have the dyno to prove I gained 51 horses after the headers, cats, and cat-back. Full JBA system and it is awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts