Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i have this sneaking suspicion that a pair of mopar long tubes will be getting slapped onto my baby next week as my parents are questioning about what i may want for my b-day and i cant really think of anything but "headers" and "if thats too much... just gimme money, so i can put it towards my headers" lol.

anywho. i have my suitcase removed. after i put them on(mopars i reckon), will there still be enough restriction in my catback to where i will get some noticebly extra power to the wheels if i put on an aftermarket catback as well?

im road/track perf grpoup, but ive already gotten a cai and the suitcase is out.. so i dont know that it really effects my powertrain anymore with that option.

and is it correct that the exhaust wont really get much louder, but will have a slightly deeper tone with a tiny bit more "gurgle" to it?

thx a bunch

edit: while im on the topic, is it still correct that moparsupercenter still holds the best prices at like $960 on them tubes?
sigh tell meim dreaming, MPSC is showin em at 1,100 now. did i really miss that chance?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Im not sure, but i think you will be ok having the brylcream and R&T...It'll definitely sound beefier.

I bought mine from moparsc...great place to get 'em.

With the Mopar Lt's coming, i really like your mods...great value for the buck

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im fine having it creemed wiht r&t. thats how my car is right now, i already know this.

i only mentioned it incase it applied to something along the line.

my question is, will i get noticeable gaines from a catback rather than just leaving the stock resos. assuming i have the long tube setup with afe2.

and... is the best price on mopar lts now really only 1100? im depressed now

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
yeah i get your question. Refer to the comparisons of daytona exhaust vs R&T vs RT and again, i think you'll be fine...dont know cause im corsa.

as for price...call jeff or ted at The supercenter and talk to them about the price...they are great to deal with

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah suhweet. i will have to do that. hopefully they can stil lstick to that 960 bucks i remember seeing, i will try to get ahold of em tomarrow, thx!

and as far as the catback went, i was under the impression that the suitcase muffler was made more free flowing in the r/t package. but the resos were the same. so with it creemed out. do the resos stop enough flow to where its worth getting a catback? mostly just re-iterating this for a second opinion as well,
thx aa bunch :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
first: the headers are 1100+ shipping, the 960 has ended as it was just to get rid of overstock which has now sold out.

second: the headers will give you more flow, more sound, deeper sound and yes more gurgle.

third: you will be ok with no mufflers this will just make things louder.

fourth: the rezos do restrict flow, though not too much, and are the same as the r/t version.

fith: if you are worried about back pressure, dont. your stock pipes will provide plenty.

sixth: if you REALLY are concerned with performance and/or sound. get a real cat back. They flow more air, better and are tuned to sound great. not raspy, or like a bunch of sound being shat out (pushed through?) a pipe that vibrates. they also usualy weigh less.

ummmmm yeah, I think that about covers it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Our Charger was brylcreamed in October of 2006.

We had Moparbusst put the Mopar LT headers and catback on the Charger in July.

The resultant exhaust sound was horrible. There was a nasty rattling sound coming from the exhaust when the car creeped along just about idle, like you were creeping along at the drive-up window at McDonalds. We took it to the dealer and he said" "Ya, I hear it, but I can't fix it. There is nothing mechanically wrong."

Then the drone sound was kind of annoying.

Neither problem existing BEFORE the header installation.

The wife said, either I get it fixed or else.... OK, NO PROBLEM, HONEY!

So, I took it down to Performance Muffler in Las Vegas, and the guy said: "I have done 50 of these Chargers and 300's with Flowmasters (no resos) and installed 3" pipes and tips out the back."

I had him put in Flowmasters and 3" pipe to some big honker tips out the back.

WOW does it sound good, now.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well im not worried about it too much either way, i just was curoius about performance form a new cat back vs brylcreem along with headers.

thx tho. how much is avg shipping on something that weight 50 lbs?

·
Registered
83 Posts
well, the brylcream should have squeezed some power out of your stock exhaust, but a catback will push it to the max... although, since you've already brylcreamed, then the difference will not be as noticable... In terms of power the order would go:

stock < brylcream < brylcream with headers < catback with headers

Not sure how good a brylcream with headers would sound though... so if you get the headers and decide you don't like the sound... throw on some catbacks.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure how good a brylcream with headers would sound though... so if you get the headers and decide you don't like the sound... throw on some catbacks.

most def.
the catback is the final piece of hte puzzle after i get the tubes on. i know i wont be satisfied with just the creem behind headers. twas more of a feeler as to the difference performance wise. audibly im fully aware of how they differ

·
Registered
928 Posts
ground shipping was 56 bucks from MPSC. its listed as only weighing 30lbs on my tracking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.