Charger Forums banner

Headers/Exhaust/Reso Delete questions for my 06 RT

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MotoAce51 
#1 ·
Good afternoon!

I want to first say hello, as this is my first post on this forum. I originally joined another charger forum, however that site is blocked at work so I finally found this.

I had a question however. I am very bad at cartalk, and despite the immense amount of knowledge I have learned since buying my car and doing research on it, I still can not grasp the exhaust side of it.

I want to completely replace the headers/exhuast on my car from stock. I am more concerned with max power gains over sound, and I would like some input as to what to get for my car.

Can someone explain what I would need to get? and explain what reso delete is? I just cant grasp it haha.

Also, if you have/had an 06 daytona, what headers/exhuast would you put on it, if you dont mind me asking!

Thanks so much for your help!

#2 ·
Reso -delete is just cutting out the stock resonators at the rear of the car and replacing with just pipes and tips. Drawback to this is the drone that you will get. If you are replacing the whole exhaust Corsa or Borla seem to be the best. I have the corsa sport cat-back, quiet until you step on it then it roars to life. I haven't done any headers yet but will be long tube when I do for the best gains in power.

#4 ·
exhaust

I have a 07 charger r/t and I put jba long tubes and high flow cats on my car along with a magnaflow catback in which I deleted the resonator and put in a magnaflow x pipe. It sounds great to me but it does have drone a certain speeds just because you are not moving as much air. As for as what headers are the best(long tube or shorties) it all depends on the mods you have or plan on doing. Long tubes will give you more bang if you do heads and a cam but shorties are probably a little better if you stay stock with the engine(because you are not pushing enough volume of air to get max benefit from long tubes. As far as what ones it all depends on how much money you want to spend or what kind of deal you can get. I got my long tubes and high flows from auto anything for just under $1000:banana:. I also got the magnaflow catback for $750. Use oem header gaskets and stage 8 locking fasteners if you do headers.

#5 ·
The reso delete, as said before, is more for sound. I have the 7db kit on mine which is a daily driver. I love it, it's not too bad for cost, and it sounds good. Plus it shaved off a few lbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.