Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't see to find a set of headers for my Charger. Has anyone purchased a set? If so who makes them and did they bolt right on to the CAT's ???

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
dynatech and gibson make headers for the r/t....direct bolt on tons of sites have them....www.hhpracing.com
www.gsmotorsports.com are two that ring a bell. haven't done it yet but soon.....have done tons of research on it b/c i want them so bad.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great info ... I appreciate it... Anything negative on your research??

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
small things.....oxygen sensors needed to have a dremel taken to them to fit just right on some setups. nothing major that i have seen.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GoDaddy said:
dynatech and gibson make headers for the r/t....direct bolt on tons of sites have them....www.hhpracing.com
www.gsmotorsports.com are two that ring a bell. haven't done it yet but soon.....have done tons of research on it b/c i want them so bad.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got in on the group buy for the gibsons. Can't wait to get em on the car. Should have em next week.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
cool...are you doing a before and after sound bite....interested to hear the difference....i am excited for you...keep us posted man.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
GoDaddy said:
cool...are you doing a before and after sound bite....interested to hear the difference....i am excited for you...keep us posted man.
I just ordered the Gibsons as well... having them shipped 2nd day air. I will do a pre and post dyno... I'll let you all know

·
Registered
202 Posts
taking a dremmel to the o2 sensor aye? hmmm that sounds......like something i dont wanna do. which set of headers do you have to do this for so i know what to avoid?

·
Banned
113 Posts
I'll have to find a good place to install headers for me if I decide to go with them :)

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
taking a dremmel to the o2 sensor aye? hmmm that sounds......like something i dont wanna do. which set of headers do you have to do this for so i know what to avoid?

it was the dynatech super maxx headers.....so you are good bstowers!!! lol

i haven't really seen too many posts about the gibsons...people like them but not as vocal as the dynatechs...anyone see tbyrnes new header post....mmmmmmmm?

·
Registered
600 Posts
if i just put the gibson headers on, and keep the stock exhaust system, would that give any hp gain? i like the sound of the car as it is now.. could be SLIGHTLY more throatier

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
you will make hp gains but you will get more gains with the exhaust and cai mods. with just headers around 15 to 20 with cai and exhaust 35 to 40 and these are all at the wheel. you are allowing the car to "breath" better with all three....if you get a chance - search the forum for the gutted stock exhaust, also take a look at the underside of your car (if possible) and take a look at the stock headers (crappy crappy) this car is begging to breathe better.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Of The Moonlight said:
You don?t take a dremal to the O2 sensor. You take it to the electrical connector and remove a tab so the O2 extension will plug in correctly.
Thats all I could fine.
That and that the Gibsons are supposed to be CARB approved and the Dynatech are not.
________
ROLL A JOINT

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah that sounds better than what i posted...i didn't mean to imply doing it directly to the sensor just the connector you put into place....oops.

hey maneval - you doing the gsm mod?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
GoDaddy said:
yeah that sounds better than what i posted...i didn't mean to imply doing it directly to the sensor just the connector you put into place....oops.

hey maneval - you doing the gsm mod?
Yes,
I am taking the car in to the Dealer next Tuesday to get the Hood painted (bad spots from the factory), and get the Chin spoiler and Splash guards installed.
Assuming the parts get here between now and next Thursday, I will have it installed and at the track on 9-24.
The Dynatech headers are on the way as well. I am planning to get some Dyno numbers before and after installing the headers.
________
Marijuana card

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just noticed that farkedup (guy who started this thread) is listed as a banned user (under his name). Any intel on that? Something he said? Asking so I know not to say it....lol.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dagummit said:
I just noticed that farkedup (guy who started this thread) is listed as a banned user (under his name). Any intel on that? Something he said? Asking so I know not to say it....lol.
Actually I started this thread AWESOME :happy:

·
Registered
382 Posts
dagummit said:
Probably the tiff that he and ekool (board owner) got into in the general forum over the in-line ads.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts