Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What part of my warranty if any will be voided if i change out to the mopar LT headers with the mopar intake and have a dealer install them? Nobody will give me a strait answer at dodge. I'm worried about going too far with the mods and voiding the warranty on my engine and powertrain. I would prefer to use aftermarket parts but again warranty comes up and that is agter all why i bought this thing new.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It shouldn't void any of the warranty and if something breaks they have to be able to prove that the headers you used - mopar or not - are what caused the issue. Same with a CAI or catback if that's what you're thinking. You shouldn't have any warranty issues when installing any of those.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
uhhhh. headers and the intake are 2 different things...

do you mean if you change your stock headers for mopar LT's and your stock intake for a Mopar CAI?

no it will not void warranty unless they can prove that whatever your problem is on a warranty claim is caused by your headers... and it wont be.

since both are mopar a dealer will usually install them, unless you have a A-hole dealer who wont(unless you pruchase from them, and they will make a crazy ridiculous mark up and install price that will make u throw up in y our mouth)

order em online and have a local and REPUTABLE speed shop install them. you shouldnt have any problems, especially with both MOPAR items.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
No issues with warranty, don't let them tell you it will void it. Sure you loose the warranty on the exhaust who cares you are replacing it right?

·
Registered
676 Posts
They will only void your warranty on broken/malfunctioning parts if they can prove that the headers are what caused the part to break. Example 1 - Some wires that were near the headers melted and caught on fire. They would not fix that because they would say that the heat thrown off of the headers caused that part to fail. Example 2 - You drop your tranny on the highway, they couldn't possibly prove that a set of headers had anything to do with that so they would fix it under warranty. Example 3 - Your headers crack or show some defect, they won't fix it because it was not an original part on your vehicle. Your warranty does not apply to them. Any warranty that you got from Mopar (or whatever header manufacturer you decide to go with) will be who you report any header defects too in the future, not Dodge.

Hope this helps out :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
No, the Mopar Headers and CAI will not void your warranty. If you dealer won't install them, find another that will.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
You don't start voiding your warranty till you start doing engine mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts