Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am in the process of getting the stuff, i have the 6.1 stock cats and i am trying to buy a set of 6.1 stock headers, BIGDAVE on Lxforums has done it.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the process of getting the stuff, i have the 6.1 stock cats and i am trying to buy a set of 6.1 stock headers, BIGDAVE on Lxforums has done it.
is it a direct bolt up. i like the fact that a can get a set from one of our vendors for next to nothing and you know that they will clear ever thing so there wont be any tapping or rattles and they are fully stainless steel so they wont rot out. what modes did he have to do????

·
Registered
128 Posts
is it a direct bolt up. i like the fact that a can get a set from one of our vendors for next to nothing and you know that they will clear ever thing so there wont be any tapping or rattles and they are fully stainless steel so they wont rot out. what modes did he have to do????
From my understanding you have use the SRT header bolts and gaskets instead of the RT and you need put a EGR tube in the pass side front tube to the flange and thats about it , other than getting the bigger pipe off the SRT cats to work with the cat back pipe. I found a guy that has a few sets of new SRT headers, he works for a company that buys 6.1 crate motors and pulls them off right way and put theirs on and they do stroker kits and what not. I picked up a set for 75.00 plus shipping and Im waiting to see if he will do the EGR tube for me as well.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think it is almost pointless to put the 6.1 headers or exhaust on a 5.7. You are talking very minimal gains if any at all. Might as well bite the bullet and get the good stuff. If you are on a tight budget and you don't have the money and you can get some 6.1 for free and you don't mind taking the time to put them on, then go a head.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well they are good anuff for the 6.1's to run 12.50's and 1fst4dr run's a 12.20 with the stock header so they work AND they are stainless steel. TRY BUYING A AFTER MARKET SET OF STAINLESS STEEL HEADER'S!!! they would cost you a arm and a leg and a 2nd loan on your house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts