Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently looking into buying header probably long tubes with high flow cats. What are the best brands of headers to buy and also what are some other best bang for the buck brands. I want a good set of headers but I don’t wants to be putting almost 2k into them

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
If you're going to invest in headers you want to get the longest lasting headers you can buy ... ceramic coated headers. They cost more but last longer and don't run as hot as non-coated headers. If you're having the headers installed at an exhaust shop you're going to have several hundred dollars in labor on top of the purchase price. All total, you're going to be close to $2K unless you're performing your own installation.

·
Registered
388 Posts

There's some great info on that thread about economically priced long tubes.

I bought DNA Motorworks off eBay 2 years ago for $135, coated the insides with Eastwood inside coating (~$50 for 2 cans), wrapped the outside with Summit Lava rock wrap ($50) and had my exhaust guy fab up my catless mids for $150.

When I had my build done, they went right back on the engine and are holding up great we'll north of 800hp.

I'd consider that money well spent.

The OBX set (headers and mids) is the closest I've seen in price and they aren't coated at purchase.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts