Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On most of the cars that I've had I've put on a cat-back exhaust and a CAI. I can honestly say that this makes no, or very little performance difference. It sounds a lot better but that's it. What modification have you done to your car that you can honestly say made a significant difference?

·
Registered
507 Posts
heads and cam. . most likely the chip too but ill let you know when i get my diablo. . (hopfully soon)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you guys speaking from experience? Have you done these mods?

·
Registered
898 Posts
headers and a chip will work from my experience

·
Registered
145 Posts
We have the Superchips hi-octane tune (advance timing), headers and flowmasters and this Charger runs like an A/C D/C song: Bat outta Hell

MAJOR HORSEPOWER BOOST

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think lower gears would really wake my Daytona up.
Randy

·
Registered
253 Posts
CAI, maybe 5 HP, exaust (catless) and headers can get you about 15 - 20. Tune can do wonders, if your car has the room for it. If the car is already tuned to its max threshold, then thats no more room for any more "tuning". If you add some bolt ons then do a tune, you may be able to get some more HP out of the engine. Gears will def get more power to the ground, but I have seen dynos actually show a car has less hp with a lower gear. FOrced induction will def add more hp, and once again your tune helps determine the amount along with psi. Things I haven't seen disussed much on this forum is fuel pumps and fuel inj sizes. I am guessiong our stock parts have room to grow, but I am not sure how much. From experience, going from a 260 rwhp car and getting 450 rwhp out of it, my stock injectors were trying to push so much fuel that they basically ran wide open, (not good) until I swapped them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts