Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the stock nav inright now but i want to change it to a after market one. the dealer told me if i cange it the "check engine" will always stay on. is the any truth to that, if so has anyone found a way around that

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
i have the stock nav inright now but i want to change it to a after market one. the dealer told me if i cange it the "check engine" will always stay on. is the any truth to that, if so has anyone found a way around that

That just sounds wrong. There's even a writeup on the boards about doing a Double DIN install yourself.

·
Registered
537 Posts
That is totally false. Here is a writeup I did on my install, have had NO problems since.

Double DIN install

HERE is another writeup that Lou did.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
What are you doing with that stock NAV unit?? Will it work in my SXT?

·
Registered
74 Posts
not true,

ive had this avic d3 in both my dakota and now my charger, in the dakota i did notice my gauge lights always stay'ed on but that truck was messed up all around. D3 has a stock look to it, touch screen dvd while driving its a nice system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.