Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GT has Bi-Function Halogen Projector Headlamps and Projector LED Fog Lamps.

The head lights are not as bright as the LED driving lights.
I prefer to have them the same color or hue?
Has anybody done this?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
You’ll need HIDs to get close to that temperature color. No halogen bulb will come ever close.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Daytona, another thing to go on the "to be modded" list. :)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Thanks Daytona, another thing to go on the "to be modded" list. :)
My wifes Rallye has the regular halogen bulbs and you can't tell the difference between the low and high beam (yes they work, the highbeams are just not very bright)..we drive it with the fog lights on. Mine has the HID and those things are like locomotive lights...you can see 1/4 mile down the road with those things. Unfortunately, you can't just pop in HID lights, you have to have a ballast and new housings, etc (gets expensive fast)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has the HID and those things are like locomotive lights...you can see 1/4 mile down the road with those things. Unfortunately, you can't just pop in HID lights, you have to have a ballast and new housings, etc (gets expensive fast)
I was thinking of getting these, no mention of changing the housing, but what do I know.
If it cost more than this then it will be further down on the list.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I was thinking of getting these, no mention of changing the housing, but what do I know.
If it cost more than this then it will be further down on the list.

You can put those LEDs in without any other mods, it is the HID (High Intensity Lighting) that requires the work and money. I need to take a good look at those LEDs for the wife's car...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can put those LEDs in without any other mods, it is the HID (High Intensity Lighting) that requires the work and money. I need to take a good look at those LEDs for the wife's car...
I just installed these. Bulbs and anti-flicker modules cost ~180.

I will see, pardon the pun, driving to work on Monday.
They are white like the driving lights, so it should be good.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I put in a set of better halogen bulbs when I had the bumper off last weekend : Phiilips HIR1 9011 to replace the dim stock 9005 bulbs. They made a noticeable and welcome improvement, while they are nothing like the HID "locomotive" lights in my car, they are so much better than before.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts