Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to install the Directed DMHD1000 using the Metra CHTO-01 adapter.
http://www.directed.com/Products/MobileAudio/HDRadio.aspx

I connected the blue/white (AMP turn-on) wire to the switched 12V, because the HDRadio unit doesn't have an AMP turn-on wire. Volume from the speakers was distorted and very low. In the specs for the DHHD1000, it say the audio output is 0.5V.

I'm assuiming that I need a Line-Out Converter? Most of the LOCs that I see only convert speaker level to rca level. Are there any devices that do RCA to Speaker level output, are they still called LOCs? Edit: It appears that going from RCA to Speaker level output is done by a device called an amplifier, heh. The Metra unit only needs line level input.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here's an update.

I hooked up the HD unit to my computer's power supply and the audio is perfect. So I think the problem appears to be the 12V supply coming from the Metra CHTO-01 harness. When I connect an audio source to the front audio inputs for the CHTO-01 the audio would spike up a few times each minute. I thought the PAC harness had problems, but this Metra harness seems just as bad.

I will try to wire the HD unit to the 12V line going to one of the cig power wires when I have time. That'll allow me to determine whether it's the inconsistant 12V from the car or just the CHTO-01 unit.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
are you using the stock radio? if so your going about the wiring the wrong way. if your are using the stock radio ground the HD receiver to the factory radio and than get your power and switched ing from the key. that unit has a wireless fm mod built inside.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My final goal is a Car PC with no headunit.
I'm worried that the front speaker volume will spike with the metra harness later on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts