Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All. Just installed a 68172459AA (6.2 Hellcat Air Filter). I will update my thoughts later since it is snowy here in Utah, but I took Bianca out for a spin and I "think" I feel a difference. haha

On order is the HC lower box and snorkel.

Cheers!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice
I was thinking of doing the same however they say you need to take the front fascia off to install the snorkel
Let’s us know how much of a pia it was to install

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
Do the Scat Packs have the round snorkel from the headlight vent? That seems to be the only difference. Mine is buried in the garage, so I can't check right now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did yours fit without any issues? I bought the Mahle. My issue link below.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Do the Scat Packs have the round snorkel from the headlight vent? That seems to be the only difference. Mine is buried in the garage, so I can't check right now.
Charger snorkel go in the left side of grille by the headlight from the factory there is a baffle blocking the opening that has to be removed.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice
I was thinking of doing the same however they say you need to take the front fascia off to install the snorkel
Let’s us know how much of a pia it was to install
Will do! I'll put the airbox in first and then when it warms up, I'll do the snorkel tube.

Did yours fit without any issues? I bought the Mahle. My issue link below.

No, it is a direct factory replacement. you probably need to make sure it is aligned properly.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
Yep, I just checked and my Scat Pack did not come with that snorkel. I wonder where we can get these cheap then?

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the parts and prices that I order from CJDR
68424623AAAir Cleaner Duct$58.72
68175164ACAir Cleaner Body$33.01
68394595ABRadiator Side Air Seal

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey All. Just installed a 68172459AA (6.2 Hellcat Air Filter). I will update my thoughts later since it is snowy here in Utah, but I took Bianca out for a spin and I "think" I feel a difference. haha

On order is the HC lower box and snorkel.

Cheers!
My friend is from Utah, showed me pics of brown snow. Did you also experience this?.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but the HC air filter and lower air box is intended to ..lower the air intake temp? What difference are you feeling?

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friend is from Utah, showed me pics of brown snow. Did you also experience this?.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but the HC air filter and lower air box is intended to ..lower the air intake temp? What difference are you feeling?
Yes, it was NASTY!

The filter just increase the CFMs. The HC airbox should help lower the iat. Right now, with just the filter change, I notice much better throttle response.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ugh I hear that...odd that the states are getting walloped more than us at the moment but, still it's been an annoying...what? Month? Of -10+ Celsius
I am in Ottawa and this is the mildest winter I can remember in years. We have had only about 10 days below -20, and most days are around -10. this is awesome.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The jet stream was kind enough to shift down here bringing y'all's weather to us. I wouldn't fuss one bit if it took this mess back up there.

I had flown to NC for a funeral and when the return flight was almost 45 min longer in the air than usual, I knew we were in trouble.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts