Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Im the guy that had noises and 2 failed used motors. So im going remanned. Intake manifold has been cleaned, no metal, just buildup. Throttle body cleaned, new oil pan, pickup tube, coil packs, sensors (mopar) etc. But since its a 0 mile engine....plugs? I bought champion copper but....once I use copper I wouldn't change from them personally. Is it the best choice to start with or ?

Cleaned intake:

·
Registered
2013 R/T
2,004 Posts
OE recommended is best. And if you sprayed the TB with carburetor real good don't be surprised if its ruined. It penetrated into the circuitry. Fingers crossed.

I hope you show the engine un-boxed.

Reactions: Sublimenj

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OE recommended is best. And if you sprayed the TB with carburetor real good don't be surprised if its ruined. It penetrated into the circuitry. Fingers crossed.

I hope you show the engine un-boxed.
I sprayed a rag. Did not spray into the connectors of the flap. Rag and instrument screwdriver on rag for tight areas..I will show the engine when it arrives. I assumed coppers. I have them already. New oil pan, pickup tube, coil packs, oem sensors. Juat wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t trust the intake
Your going to spend good money on a rb motor and use a intake from a blown engine ?
I worked in a GM dealership and have seen what can happen when you do that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally I wouldn’t trust the intake
Your going to spend good money on a rb motor and use a intake from a blown engine ?
I worked in a GM dealership and have seen what can happen when you do that.
The intake is debris free. The engine came with gaskets with screens on ports. I ha e to use them otherwise it voids warranty. I have seen them on Lexus, and Benz. There isn't anything in it. Its been cleaned completely. There was no catastrophic failure on that manifold. I scoped thru it as well. Its on me and with a 1 time no fault warranty, if it happens then it happens. I cant find remanned or new intakes very easily and at that point do you trust remanned?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts