Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do something about the drone. Other then going back to stock, I could add the flowmaster resonators. Has anyone used these and will they help? I could also get the magnaflow, how has the drone been in those. BTW, I have an srt8.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do u want a hot rod or a pleasure car???? Live with the noise

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Ya be sure it's unlivable before you change it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do not have an SRT, but I had the same problem when I bought an SRT JBA Cat-back and had it installed on my Daytona. Sound outside was great but the drone inside sounded like I was ridding inside of a C130 - had to have the radio at about 25 or so to even hear it when I was cruising at highway speeds.

I had the JBA mufflers replaced with Flow master Delta 40's, and that helped some. Then I had the muffler shop install 6 inch glass packs near the exhaust tips and that did it, no more drone. I have recently added SRT-8 exhaust manifolds to my car and while it has increased the noise slightly, it is only during start-up and when I really get on it that I notice it - and it is not drone but just great, loud rumble

With these cars you definitely need something near the end of the pipes to keep that drone down. I have seen a couple chargers here in the Phoenix area with the mufflers right were the resonators used to be, and they sound good. But I do not like the way they look, too much sticking out and visible for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I need to do something about the drone. Other then going back to stock, I could add the flowmaster resonators. Has anyone used these and will they help? I could also get the magnaflow, how has the drone been in those. BTW, I have an srt8.
i have the Flowmaster highflow resonators and they work great. Still sounds great outside and in, but the drone is noticeably decreased.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You will have the same issue If you install just the Magnaflow mufflers, The only way to get rid of it is to put resonators on it. I keeped my stock resos on when I installed my magnaflow mufflers. No drone at all but at WOT it's sounds real good.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
If you think that's to much drone then spend the cash and get a Corsa, Borla 112 or maybe the Flowmaster with the resonators?

·
Registered
349 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts