Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dealer sold me a simoniz treatment, what affects has anyone seen / thoughts on this?

·
Registered
832 Posts
what is it?

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
simonize is the original pure carnuba wax.

·
Registered
113 Posts
a14umbra said:
simonize is the original pure carnuba wax.
My dealer threw in the Perma Plate treatment. Which I guess is a permament wax treatment that is supposed to hold it's shine over the next 7 years, 100,000 miles. If the paint ever faded, blotchs, anything. I just take it back to the dealer and they will fix the paint, no questions asked.

I got the treatment done today at work. Haven't seen it yet though. I was home with one of the kids playing Dr. Daddy. My daughter had a 102 fever.

Here's the website for the Perma plating they did:

http://www.permaplate.com/Paintguard.asp

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I could be wrong but i remember someone on here or lxforums stating that the paint on these vehicles has a 7 yr/100,000 mile warranty

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds like you still have to wash once a week with their special wash and wax every six months with their special wax.

What do they charge for the initial treatment?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was told by the dealers that carnuba wax is not good for the car due to the fact that the wax breaks down at about 100 degrees or so. I just use Maguiers Gold class every month. Looks better every time I use it. But thoes damn rocks that get kicked up on the freeway scratched my paint above the front windshield.
2006 SXT

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nothing but Zaino here...awesome products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts