Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just Received my car back from the dodge dealer ship yesterday and they did the trunk lid fix . They put on the new over slam bumpers so it does not scratch the bumper no more, but know it even seems like u have to slam the trunk harder now to close it is it suppose to be like that?? Please let me know thank you so much .

·
Registered
686 Posts
they should have also replaced the rubber seal around the trunk opening . The new one is a lot thicker

·
Registered
144 Posts
Is this also for the '07's, cuz I don't seem to notice the lid hitting the bumper on my Police Package

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah at first when you shut the trunk lid, it's hard to close but the rubber stops will break in and it will become easier to close in time. I had mine done last year before I saw marks on the bumper. I'd say maybe for about few week's, it was hard to close the trunk lid. Give it time.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Getting mine done tomorrow...finally. Anyone with scratches already, do they repaint the scratches and if so do they charge for anything beyond what's on the TSB?

·
Registered
287 Posts
anyony have a link to the tsb?
Not sure where I got it, probably on LX Forums, but if you PM me I'll e-mail you the PDF. BTW its TSB # 23-037-06 dated September 1st, 2006.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ya I had my old 06 done and it just takes a few weeks of shutting it . The 07's didnt need the fix. They just put the same rubber stoppers on the -07's as they did on the fixed 06's.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they should have also replaced the rubber seal around the trunk opening . The new one is a lot thicker
Yea the new rubber seal around the trunk looks new and smells new lol .

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is this also for the '07's, cuz I don't seem to notice the lid hitting the bumper on my Police Package
I am not sure if the recall for the trunk was on the 07 all have too look into that sorry ...

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah at first when you shut the trunk lid, it's hard to close but the rubber stops will break in and it will become easier to close in time. I had mine done last year before I saw marks on the bumper. I'd say maybe for about few week's, it was hard to close the trunk lid. Give it time.
Yea that is what my husband told me they should start to break in. My bumper on the go mango has the scratch marks on it :cry: can they be buffed out ?

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Getting mine done tomorrow...finally. Anyone with scratches already, do they repaint the scratches and if so do they charge for anything beyond what's on the TSB?
No they did not paint my scratches on the bumper unfortunately :cry: , After you get it done please let me know if your trunk shuts down harder than it did before?? like mine after I Just recieved it back from the dealership thank you .:smile:

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya I had my old 06 done and it just takes a few weeks of shutting it . The 07's didnt need the fix. They just put the same rubber stoppers on the -07's as they did on the fixed 06's.

Thank you Appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure where I got it, probably on LX Forums, but if you PM me I'll e-mail you the PDF. BTW its TSB # 23-037-06 dated September 1st, 2006.

Thanks for Tsb.:eek:

·
Registered
285 Posts
It should be part of the recall. If a covered part damages a non covered part, the non covered part is now covered under warranty.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

did you get your trunk fixed ?

·
Registered
287 Posts
did you get your trunk fixed ?

Not yet. I took her in for the 1st oil change and then the trunk fix and other warranty work. They did the oil change and then they told me that their machine that picks their parts broke down and they couldn't retrieve any parts. So after bitching, here on the forum and at the dealership, I'm going back tomorow, Friday, to hopefully have it done. I will let you all know if the trunk is a little harder to close tomorow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fixed on an extended warranty?

Has anyone had this fixed on an extended warranty? My service manager is telling me that becuase it is considered a body adjustment the extended warranty dosn't cover it.
I have the gold plus 4yr/100000km extended service contract, which I thought was same as factory bumper to bumper.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts