Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone disabled the annoying chime of the seat belt tone ringing? I tried to do it with the instructions from the owners manual and it didnt work.

I am in and out of my car all the time, and I would like to have the choice of wearing my seatbelt and not have the tone going off.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
owners manual worked fine for me

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got it. I wasn't fast enough. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
oh yeah, I did this the 2nd day I had my car. The MAN IS NOT telling me what to do :D

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
i have to wear my seatbelt, it feels weird not too lol

·
Registered
572 Posts
How you do it???? I didn't get a manual...at least not one I can read. I'm too ADD.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I have to disable mine every time I get in my car.....

I do it by wearing my seatbelt :slap:

Reactions: MrNell07

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Make sure you disable those annoying airbags next. :D

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, since nobody has stated how to do it. I will for you.

with the car turned off. buckle the seat belt. turn key to on, but don't start ignition. then unbuclkle and rebuckle really fast 4 to 5 times. U have 60 seconds to complete this motion. then turn the key off. if you hear a single tone, you did it right.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
i have to wear my seatbelt, it feels weird not too lol
I have to disable mine every time I get in my car.....

I do it by wearing my seatbelt :slap:
Make sure you disable those annoying airbags next. :D
You all know my feelings on belts and safety. Even so, I disabled my chime as soon as possible. I'm responsible for it, not the car. My point is that while your an idiot to not wear a belt, you can disable the chime and still wear your belt every time.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ok, since nobody has stated how to do it. I will for you.

with the car turned off. buckle the seat belt. turn key to on, but don't start ignition. then unbuclkle and rebuckle really fast 4 to 5 times. U have 60 seconds to complete this motion. then turn the key off. if you hear a single tone, you did it right.
Manual says 60 seconds for whole procedure and 10 seconds for 3 buckle/unbuckle cycles starting and finishing with the belt buckled. (worked for me)

I just opened a Dogfish Head Punkin Ale since its Halloween and all. This stuff is pretty good.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I won't disable mine. I always wear my seat belt since I almost went through the windshield in a terrible head on collision in High School ('66 Mustang, me in the passenger seat with no belt on with my friend driving, lady in a '70 Malibu jumped the light and made a left turn in front of us and we hit head on at 50+ mph).

My reason not to disable isn't because I need to be reminded, but rather that occassionaly my belt hasn't fully enganged in the buckle and I wouldn't have known it without the chime. I don't want to rely on a safety device that isn't fully engaged and I'm glad my beast knows when it is (or isn't) and tells me so!

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Can someone explain to me how to do it? Thanks in advanced...
It's in your manual. If you don't have a manual, you can download it free of charge from the Dodge website.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I like the chime because it forces my passenger to wear her seatbelt. Some people don't feel they need one when they aren't driving.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just wear your seatbelt... it's better than being ejected from your car and dying. I've seen it several times, and I just shake my head. It's completely avoidable with common sense.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts