Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
jamphat said:
what method worked for you, if you did?
Take a piece of dental floss, and start at one end of the badge and just "floss" it back and forth and it will come right off. For the left over 2 sided tape, just use WD 40, or 3M release agent to get it off. Wipe dry with a soft cloth and wax over the area. Done!! :) Mike

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmaloy said:
Take a piece of dental floss, and start at one end of the badge and just "floss" it back and forth and it will come right off. For the left over 2 sided tape, just use WD 40, or 3M release agent to get it off. Wipe dry with a soft cloth and wax over the area. Done!! :) Mike
i know of the method, but did you try it with the charger?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
jamphat said:
i know of the method, but did you try it with the charger?
I'm waiting to get the SRT8. But I've been doing this method for many many years. As long as the badge is adhered w/double stick tape and not pinned into the body, it's full proof.

·
Registered
17 Posts
mmaloy said:
I'm waiting to get the SRT8. But I've been doing this method for many many years. As long as the badge is adhered w/double stick tape and not pinned into the body, it's full proof.
I've done it on 2 other MOPAR products recently...can't see why it wouldn't be the same for the Charger

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm thinking about debadging too. I'll try that dental floss method but I have a couple of question. What kind of wax would be best after removing the badges (both side and back)? What, if any, replacement badges would anyone reccomend?
Eventually, I would like to add the GT package and then this car would look out of this world!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
SOLD! said:
I'm thinking about debadging too. I'll try that dental floss method but I have a couple of question. What kind of wax would be best after removing the badges (both side and back)? What, if any, replacement badges would anyone reccomend?
Eventually, I would like to add the GT package and then this car would look out of this world!
Any cleaner/wax will do. I personally rebadge my show cars with custom 3 layer vinyl decals that my buddy makes to my specs. :) Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts