Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wzup everybody! I've been seeing that removing and more so putting back on the harmonic balancer is a pain in the a$$ because of the bolts not being long enough. So I see that Auto Zone and Advanced have a couple options in their loaner programs that might help me out with this.

Here's the links to the loaner tools. If anybody has any experience (good or bad) with any of these loaner sets please let me know.

OEM/Chrysler harmonic dampener puller (AutoZone):

OEM/Harmonic balancer puller kit (AutoZone):

OEM/Harmonic balancer installer (AutoZone):

Powerbuilt Tools Harmonic Puller/Pulley Installer Kit (AdvancedAutoParts):

If I can get what I need to remove and install the balancer with parts of 2 kits then that's fine with me because after all they are loaner tools. (By the way....I'm asking for 2006 3.5L)

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I bought the puller and installer years ago from advanced ..I have used it on three Neons, two PT Cruisers, and my 300M (to do timing belt changes, etc).

It worked well on all of them, but you have to choose the right length rod (all three required different lengths, and I had to make one for the 300M). Well worth the $50 bucks it cost in 2005.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Does not work on the 5.7......unless you use a spacer. I have made my own with threaded rod

1 - 3 of 3 Posts