Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
So I'm trying to find where the transmission shift solenoid is on my car. I bought the manual for it and it says nothing and I've searched all over the internet and I'm coming up with nothing. I have a 07 SE 2.7L V6 model with a 42RLE transmission. Does anyone know where its located?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Assuming we're talking abut the same part ...

The transmission shift solenoid for the 42RLE transmission is actually a Solenoid/Pressure Switch Assembly. It's inside the transmission and mounted to the valve body assembly. The assembly consists of four solenoids that control hydraulic pressure to the transmission clutches and the torque converter clutch. The solenoids are contained within the Solenoid/Pressure Switch Assembly, and can only be serviced by replacing the assembly.

The solenoid assembly also contains pressure switches that monitor and send hydraulic circuit information to the TCM. Likewise, the pressure switches can only be serviced by replacing the assembly.

As previously mentioned, you have to drop the pan. Remove the oil filter from the valve body. Remove the valve body assembly from the transmission. Remove the Solenoid/Pressure Switch Assembly and screen from the valve body.

Reactions: Cincycharger07

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm going to try that now. Well I will after I get some fluids. This is my first time that Ive done anything on my car more than the regular services. I will let you guys know how it goes. And I found a picture of what I thought would be the right thing to do but I coldly tell if it required me to drop the pan or not.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts