Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The LEDs on that set usually go out. But since you are not planning on wiring them up that's not a big deal. The Halo's on these particular sets are not very bright at all. There is another set on eBay that has 3 LEDs as opposed to 5 and they have CCFL halos that are brighter. But, I really suggest buying LED halos from Flashtech and install them yourself, they are the brightest halos around and even look great in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The LEDs on that set usually go out. But since you are not planning on wiring them up that's not a big deal. The Halo's on these particular sets are not very bright at all. There is another set on eBay that has 3 LEDs as opposed to 5 and they have CCFL halos that are brighter. But, I really suggest buying LED halos from Flashtech and install them yourself, they are the brightest halos around and even look great in direct sunlight.
I would buy halos and install myself but Im trying to get HIDS as well. So if I get hids in my factory housing wouldnt it be illegal because they are not the projector housing?

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I would buy halos and install myself but Im trying to get HIDS as well. So if I get hids in my factory housing wouldnt it be illegal because they are not the projector housing?
It's illegal no matter what. Nothing you can do can make aftermarket HID's legal, ever.

The arguement is that projectors project HIDs better, and are less noticeably not factory..

but aviators, navigators, all acura in 2002, and many other cars don't have projectors from the factory... so that being said who cares.

The halos suck on those units, IMO and they have leaking and fitment problems sometimes.

I say throw HID's in there and x2 on flashtech halos! FTW!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I have the set with the 3 led's and had them since march and have never had one problem with them, they bolted right up and I spliced the halos to the parking lights and that was it. I never did connect the led's though I wasn't feeling them....

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
another thread on these lights.

Personally i dont dig them. I say if you want projectors and have the money go to the dealers or ask the guys at flashtech i've seen a few people on here who had custome projectors made, and also i would get the LED halos the really nice sharp looking ones, and you can get a colour opitions unlike the ones that your looking at. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey i have a 2007 dodge charger 5.7 and i install HID light and the flicker then shut off? how can i fix this and do i need any other parts to make then stay on.
thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
dont mean to hijack this thread but what about factory projectors HIDs...

talking to the service rep at my dealer and the current books he has doesnt show anything... whatever happend with the 08 option for HIDS anyway?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont trust Ebay products now .they are cheap but low quality .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts