1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I'd personally not get those fogs. I'd stick with OEM ones and get the LED Halos from AAC or Flashtech if he wants halos.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I just installed mine last night, we used a dremel to cut around. Then epoxy the rings inside and silicone it back together. I got the flashtech halos too love em

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I agree with every one else, those are really cheap lights. I would go with OEM...

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Get the ones offered by one of the vendors here for quality.

When cutting the foglight apart, the best way I found was a bandsaw. Also, I used a hot glue gun to reassemble them instead of silicone. I'm not patient enough for the dry time of silicone and with the hot glue, theres not chance the lens can move while the glue is drying/cooling.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have those on my car and i have to say i havent had any promblems with mine and the installation took a hour and some make sure you go to a car audio shope I love my fog lights they look awesome at night .....

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Why a car audio shop?? No offense, but I've seen what some car audio shops try to pass off for electronics install(outside of the caur audio stuff) and it's pretty shady. Fellow Dakota owner had a car audio shop wire up his electric fan and they hard wired it to an ignition power line so when he shut the key off, the truck kept running as the fan spun down back feeding 12V into the ignition system.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well I cant speak for his audio shop but mines here in anaheim did such a excellent job....and like i said no promblems with my lights...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
His factory fog light lenses are cracked anyways, so still considering all options. if he goes with stock, he'll just get hids for the fog lights and halo for low/high.
and i will be performing the install myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts