Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forum, but had a question about the new halo demon/angel eye headlights...

what is involved in installing these?

do you have to crack the seal on the existing headlight to install these?

will i have moisture buildup from doing so?

any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are TONS of threads about this mod so you should have no problem finding information about it. From what I understand you have to bake the headlights to get them open.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You do have to bake them and it apparently takes awhile, so if you aren't the patient type I wouldn't try this mod. I think there was one person on here who was doing them for people. Don't know how much he was charging though......just do a search of the subject and read the 1000+ posts and you should find what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
X2.

BTW, welcome to the forums from Texas!

·
Registered
805 Posts
You have to take the front clip off, remove the headlights, bake them for 20 min. to break seal. Then drill holes for wires, install halo, bake again to seal, and put back together. That is just a quick how to.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
You have to take the front clip off, remove the headlights, bake them for 20 min. to break seal. Then drill holes for wires, install halo, bake again to seal, and put back together. That is just a quick how to.

I take it you lost some luminescence when you did this? Somehow baking a car part doesnt seem very advertising

·
Registered
928 Posts
all your doing is warming the casing up so that the silicone on the rear part mates flush with the front clear part. its not a pizza. you dont BAKE it, you just warm it up.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I take it you lost some luminescence when you did this? Somehow baking a car part doesnt seem very advertising
Nope not really, everything is the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Halos

Its a time consuming mod, but not that hard. Taking off the bumper was the hardest part.(after the first time its easy cuz you know what you are doing from there on out) I did mine in about 4 hours taking my time. I havent had any issues with moisture getting in and fogging up my lights. They look great and I get complements all the time on mine. Well worth the effort IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts