Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took it in this morning for the 'clay bath' as they call it. Salesman didn't know they needed an appt. 2-3 days out so it was not a good start to the day. His boss took care of it and got me a rental - they'd try to get it done today, tomorrow latest, but on the "bright" side, enjoy the Chevy Aveo we've provided you with (I miss the Red Carpet treatment at the Benz dealership already!!). Okay, so I'm rockin the Aveo. After a couple of calls to check the status I get a call from the service department with this news: The detailer couldn't fix it so he had the bodyshop guys check it out - turns out the paint on the hood is "cloudy" and we have to repaint it - you'll have it back Friday - but enjoy the Aveo!!! Of course I told them they will be getting the aveo back tomorrow and I will be picking up a mid-size at least, at their cost.

Any advice? Anybody been through anything similar? I don't know how close this paint will be, but I'm thinkin I'm always gonna know and it'll bother me.

More venting than anything, but appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Pablo

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Any advice?
Enjoy the Aveo? :D

Sorry, couldn't help it. Seriously though, let them fix the problems they found. These things happen and at least they're willing to own up and fix it properly sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
first off, the body shop at every dealership ive ever been to sucks. i would pretty much demand a new car.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Enjoy the Aveo? :D

Sorry, couldn't help it. Seriously though, let them fix the problems they found. These things happen and at least they're willing to own up and fix it properly sooner rather than later.
Easy for you to say!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Sound like they found a "Snag" and are being right proper stand-up about it....
Let em take care of you.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good News

For me anyway! The Dealership pulled the ol switcheroo! They grabbed a hood off another Charger they had on the lot and put it on my car. I'm stoked! They just finished waxing it when i pulled up!

I will post pics once I resize them.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
For me anyway! The Dealership pulled the ol switcheroo! They grabbed a hood off another Charger they had on the lot and put it on my car. I'm stoked! They just finished waxing it when i pulled up!

I will post pics once I resize them.
And somehow they found that only the SRT8 hood fit your car right, right?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Other than the whole "Aveo" fiasco, sounds like you got a 5-star dealership on your hands there. Good to know. There aren't a lot of them around (in any car make) Congrats.

·
Registered
235 Posts
At least they gave you a rental, I just took mine to the shop and was told that Chrysler doesn't give out rental cars and that if I wanted one that the cost would have to come out of my pocket.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At least they gave you a rental, I just took mine to the shop and was told that Chrysler doesn't give out rental cars and that if I wanted one that the cost would have to come out of my pocket.
Yeah, that's pretty lame. I'm used to Mercedes Benz, where people complain if they get a Jeep Cherokee rental instead of a Benz. They coulda learned a couple things about Customer Service from MB!! Oh well, too late for that now. They didn't want to give me a rental either, but I kinda coerced them with my charm...haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts