Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the ride in for an oil change on Sat. I had the dealer put the Fumoto drain valve in for me. To my dismay, I looked under the car and saw a small oil print. I hoisted it up and pulled out the splash shield. Oil appears to be leaving, but the valve is sealed and secured in its hole. This is the only place I am having a leak. Any one have an idea?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
EUREKA!!!!!!!

In my error, the washer wasn't on the end of the bolt. It was sitting where I left it before I took it there. Reapplied it, and no leaks.

BTW, that valve is AWESOME!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Is saving 17 seconds worth the piece of mind know with the stock drain plug, its not EVER going to open on it own!

I'll stay with the stock setup. Loosing 17 seconds every few months is a small price to pay.

Hey, if you want a valve, fine, but just not worth it in my book

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Is saving 17 seconds worth the piece of mind know with the stock drain plug, its not EVER going to open on it own!

I'll stay with the stock setup. Loosing 17 seconds every few months is a small price to pay.

Yeah - I'm not really sure why I never trusted that thing enough to put it on my car. I know a lot of people on this site have one installed with no problems.

I guess old habits are extremely hard to break.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Love the Fumoto valve! I have one on all my vehicles, and I sleep fine. This valve won't open "on it's own" anymore than a drain plug will "unscrew itself". If this is a concern there's a safety clip version available. Saving time isn't really the issue for me, it's avoiding the mess and making sampling easier.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

It won't open on its own. It's a pretty simple, but sturdy device. The only reason I had the leak was from a lack of the washer. Checked this morning and had no issue. Believe me, it's not just the 17 seconds, it also makes the job cleaner as you can direct the oil flow if you have the nippled version

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.