Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nice looking photos.....thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Great Pics!!!! Love the matching engine cover, not sure why Dodge didn't do this for each of the Daytona colors.

Love the car, real attention getter, although I'm kinda partial :tongue:

So, how do you like the attention the SubLime gets???? Do you plan to drag race her?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nice Photo Bucket pictures!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Looks real nice. Just one question though, does Illinois require a front license plate? Because that could be considered an upgrade in this situation. :nervous s

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice Photo Bucket pictures!
Nice looking photos.....thanks for sharing
Thank you, thank you. I'll undoubtedly keep uploading more to photobucket.

Great Pics!!!! Love the matching engine cover, not sure why Dodge didn't do this for each of the Daytona colors.

Love the car, real attention getter, although I'm kinda partial :tongue:

So, how do you like the attention the SubLime gets???? Do you plan to drag race her?
I like the attention, it certainly gets more attention than my `99 Saturn SL!
It seems like everybody looks too! I've only gotten two negative looks
from people, a couple of clone soccer-mom android housewife types with no
imagination I'm sure....other than that, I've got nothing but positive
reactions.

There's no place within reasonable driving distance to race around here ...
a few dirt tracks, but that's out of the question! :lol:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks real nice. Just one question though, does Illinois require a front license plate? Because that could be considered an upgrade in this situation. :nervous s
IL does require a front plate. Bought it from an out of state dealer, so there's
some inter-state red-tape delay to deal with before my plates arrive. Should
be annnny day now. I'll be glad to get the cardboard dealer 'plates' off there
and the temporary tags out of my back window.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I like the attention, it certainly gets more attention than my `99 Saturn SL!
It seems like everybody looks too! I've only gotten two negative looks
from people, a couple of clone soccer-mom android housewife types with no
imagination I'm sure....other than that, I've got nothing but positive
reactions.

There's no place within reasonable driving distance to race around here ...
a few dirt tracks, but that's out of the question! :lol:
LOL..... "clone soccer-mom android housewife types"... love the description.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the grocery store. I park way in the back where nobody parks. I come out and see this kid around my car and a mini-van pulled up by it. I started freaking out a bit. "Pushing grocery cart really fast now" As I got up to the car, here the kid was having his mom take his picture with it.... LOL....

Thats a shame about not having a track that is a reasonable distance :( . I agree dirt tracks... OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Sheesh! There are gettin to be way too many Sublimes in Illinois now, I'm feelin less and less distinugished with regards to my car color... :D :D :D

Just kiddin'! You are gonna learn to love the attention the Sublime gets, and trust me, more looks than you think are positive. Last night for instance, I pulled up to a gas station and on the way in, a guy was walkin out and goes "nice loookin ride bud." After my purchase, on the way back out another guy goes "sharp lookin ride man, just sharp!" Two compliments within a minute of one another!

If I ever swing through Champaign to stop in or around UofI, Ill let you know. Ive got some buddies down there at school and whatnot. Keep it clean!

-Pat

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I ever swing through Champaign to stop in or around UofI, Ill let you know. Ive got some buddies down there at school and whatnot. Keep it clean!

-Pat
That'd be cool! You weren't down here a few weeks ago were you? I had a
friend call me up when he was at about Rantoul heading north to say "Uh, you're
not on 57 are you?"

I was thinking maaaaaan, there better not be another sublime around here!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
That'd be cool! You weren't down here a few weeks ago were you? I had a
friend call me up when he was at about Rantoul heading north to say "Uh, you're
not on 57 are you?"

I was thinking maaaaaan, there better not be another sublime around here!
Nope wasnt me! I guess there are about 6 Sublimes in the state that I know of now cuz Im almost positive it wasnt any of the guys I know either!

I know what you must have been feeling though. While the attention is nice, sometimes I get random phone calls or text messages saying some thing "Hey I just saw you!" or "Slow down I'm trying to catch up to you over on Harlem!" and I reluctantly have to tell them, "Nope, sorry it aint me.... Im layin in bed right now! Must be somebody else :( "

But definitely, I'll let you know if I ever make it down that way. Definitely look into coming out to the meet next spring though (I believe its called the Rockin Spring Meet 2008, fromerly known as the Starved Rock Meet), should be a hop, skip, and a jump from where you're at. No excuse for you to miss it!!!

Btw, I try to stay off 57 anyways.... too many speed traps! And we are easy targets :knockout:

-Pat

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Nice Daytona! Man that car sure is green! lol
My wife hates the limes, but I love em. I told her I would buy a lime, and she could drive the banana, and we could get matching license plates
LEMNLIM and LIMLEMN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts