Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rarely ever drive my charger. Its one of my toys, so it has to be dry out, with not chance of rain. I won't drive it to work, or to bad areas where it may be damaged. So, it had been parked for about two weeks, when I decided to take it out to dinner. I backed out, and found I had pulled a bit to close to a stack of old encyclopedias I have stacked in the corner. The lower front bumper had a dent in it. Needless to say, I was too embarassed to take it to dinner, so I drove my back-up. The next day, I took a good look. The paint was undamaged, but the dent was pretty deep. I took apart the inner wheel well, and tried pushing it back into shape-no good. I pulled out the hair dryer (haven't seen that thing in years!!), and warmed up the bumper, pushed some more, and held it in place for a few minutes while it cooled a bit. It stayed in place, no marks or signs anything ever went wrong!! Major relief!! Sorry, but no pics of the damage, I was so sick by the whole situation at the time, taking photos was the last thing on my mind!!!

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
have to love the plastic bumper covers...YES!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had the garage door sit on the front bumper all night, the next day I was like WTF! but at the end of the day it was gone, all by itself, it disappeared.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You can do the same thing with metal except you use a torch. I am currently learning how ot do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts